..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Can I Do This?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Prolly not but it never hurts to ask.
So, my Ps2 discs are all NTSC-USA.
I noticed that they all run at about 50 FPS on my craptop.
That means they are running at 50/59.94 speed (or about 83% speed)
I was wondering....
is it possible to "force" PAL onto them, meaning they would run full speed at 50 FPS?
not a chance.
(10-18-2011, 08:44 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]not a chance.
lol at me
but if i had PAL games they would run at 50 FPS and full speed on PCSX2, right?
Depends on the game. Some games will do as you say and be 50/50fps and run full speed, others would be running at 42/50fps instead and others be running at 50/50 but everything moving slower (like if it was 50/60FPS still), some others will even be stretched instead giving you fat chars compared to the NTSC version.
as Shadow Lady said, some PAL games still generate the same amount of timing operations and so if you can't keep 60/60 then you might not keep 50/50 either.
(10-18-2011, 09:38 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]as Shadow Lady said, some PAL games still generate the same amount of timing operations and so if you can't keep 60/60 then you might not keep 50/50 either.
Thanks for the info.
You can always try. Google the web for some NTSC to PAL patcher and how to use it.
Don't expect awesome results though Tongue2
(10-18-2011, 09:47 AM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]You can always try. Google the web for some NTSC to PAL patcher and how to use it.
Don't expect awesome results though Tongue2

Lol, this worked for a few games.