..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFX Slowdown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Forgive me if I don't post enough information this time around. I'll come back later with any more information if you need it.

I recently downloaded PCSX2 0.9.8 to play FFX and it has mostly gone well. I usually tend to get slowdowns and FPS drops when a) the background is large, ie massive landscapes (like the long road right after you leave Luca, where you can battle the summoner with Ifrit) or b) right as I save a savestate, but this only lasts for several seconds and then goes back to normal. Otherwise I very rarely see a slowdown.

My computer specs are as follows:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 10/23/2011, 15:47:20
Machine name: LANCENTER_1
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_qfe.101209-1646)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 09/06/06 17:43:50 Ver: 08.00.12
Processor: Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.40GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 3072MB RAM
Page File: 1211MB used, 3744MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 460
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0E22&SUBSYS_34FC1458&REV_A1
Display Memory: 1024.0 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0012.8026 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 8/3/2011 04:49:00, 4210816 bytes
-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: SoundMAX HD Audio
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_1988&SUBSYS_104381E1&REV_1004
Manufacturer ID: 65535
Product ID: 65535
Type: WDM
Driver Name: ADIHdAud.sys
Driver Version: 5.10.0001.6240 (English)
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Date and Size: 5/18/2007 11:01:50, 304640 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: AnalogDevices
HW Accel Level: Full
Cap Flags: 0xF5F
Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 192000
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 33, 32
Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 33, 32
HW Memory: 0
Voice Management: Yes
EAX™ 2.0 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes
I3DL2™ Listen/Src: Yes, Yes
Sensaura™ ZoomFX™: Yes
Registry: OK
Sound Test Result: Not run

---------------------
Sound Capture Devices
---------------------
Description: SoundMAX HD Audio
Default Sound Capture: Yes
Default Voice Capture: Yes
Driver Name: ADIHdAud.sys
Driver Version: 5.10.0001.6240 (English)
Date and Size: 5/18/2007 11:01:50, 304640 bytes
Cap Flags: 0x41
Format Flags: 0xCCC

-----------
DirectMusic
-----------
DLS Path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\drivers\GM.DLS
DLS Version: 1.00.0016.0002
Acceleration: n/a
Ports: Microsoft Synthesizer, Software (Not Kernel Mode), Output, DLS, Internal, Default Port
Microsoft MIDI Mapper [Emulated], Hardware (Not Kernel Mode), Output, No DLS, Internal
Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth [Emulated], Hardware (Not Kernel Mode), Output, No DLS, Internal
Registry: OK
Test Result: Not run

Needless to say I'm looking to get rid of these slowdowns. All speedhacks are on and maxed (if I lower any of them it slows down). Again, should you need more info, just ask. Thank you for your time Smile
your CPU is unfortunately quite weak, that could explain.
just a side note :
Quote:All speedhacks are on and maxed
don't do that. enable them 1 by 1 to get the best combo. Enaling all of them at max may give you slowdowns
Okay, I will fiddle around with the speedhacks and see what is best.

And I thought a 3.4 dual core was more than enough, because reading other similar threads I've noticed that people got by with a 2.x dual core.
True. But your cpu's architecture is slower than core 2 duo's
I see. Can anyone give me a second opinion to confirm it's my CPU? Either way, what can I do to make it faster?

I lowered my speedhacks and it runs smooth most of the time now, except for some battles and places with a lot of background like I mentioned.

Thank you for the help!
I remember the time I was at secondary school (2005), only one in my class had a Pentium D @ 2.8 Ghz and I always hoped I had one Tongue.

Enable all recommended speedhacks. Do not use EE or VU hack - I do not see any speed gain with them in FFX. Don't use frame skipping too, as your graphics card is powerful enough. The most important thing: try the new MTVU hack in the latest subversion. You CPU is dual core indeed, but FFX is mostly EE limited, not GS. So MTVU could give you a nice speed boost I guess.

You can find the subversion in the "SVN" tab on PCSX2 homepage.
Okay, I turned off the speedhacks you mentioned and downloaded a subversion with the MTVU hack but there is no noticeable change; my speeds are fine in menus and small areas but slow motion when almost anywhere outdoors.
Please help me out here. I just got to the Calm Lands and I can't stand this lag. Every step I take is slow motion and it's frustrating me to the point where I don't even want to play anymore. Is there any way to fix this, even if it is my CPU (which I'm still not entirely convinced that's the problem)?
what do the ee% and GS% say when you get those slowdowns ?
EE stays around 60-70% and GS around 30-40%. VU is also around 60% if that matters.
Pages: 1 2