..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: My PCSX2 0.9.8 is requesting for a PS or PS2 format disc..any help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im just a new user of pcsx2..and i've quite configured my plugins well but everytime I play my game..(GOW1 and GOW2) i got this problem...if anyone can shed some light here..I'd appreciate it.thnx Smile
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
Are you running the game from the disc or ISO?
Try running the game with "System > Boot CDVD (fast)" if you're using the full option.
CPU : Aspire X1800
Graphic Card : Nvidia GeForce 7100/Nvidia nForce 630i
Memory : 4096MB Ram

PCSX2 0.9.8 (r4600)

Settings

GS: GSdx 4600
PAD: Lilypad svn 0.10.0
SPU2: SPU2-X r4600
CDVD: Gigaherz's CDVD
USB: USBnull Drver 0.4.0
FW: FWnull Driver 0.4.0
DEV9: Dev9null Driver 0.3.0

Im trying to play God of War 2.iso

Im always playing it in FAst... Sad still cant play
you gave your PC model, not your CPU
How did you make that ISO?
I'd suggest to try making a new ISO with ImgBurn and run it from the internal ISO loader without mounting it anywhere else ("CDVD > Iso Selector > Browse..." and choose the ISO made with ImgBurn).
its ACER

done with image burn..but still same problem
better give up now because that video card Nvidia 7100 is not pass the Minimun requirement
and GOW-2 needs a megathrust CPU power around 5ghz. but i sure his cpu is not a mega-powered one.
get a new PC now.