..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: dmc3 se Extreme Graphical Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I want to play DMC3 SE after playing the original DMC3, yet i have this problems occuring. starting @ mission 1, after the cutscenes, the Dante im playing with will have no legs.. as in NO LEGS.... i cant understand this, Also the Black Coated grim Reapers, the first enemies of dante arent wearing any black coat anymore. and another thing is when i play as vergil, same thing happens to the enemies, they arent wearing any coat. while vergils graphics is really bad. does anyone have an idea about this? i played DMC3 before and it was not like this. please help. ill post the game snapshots on my next post.

also, i tried playing the game on my laptop and the problem isnt there and is working fine, though its very slow, and my laptop starts to heat up so quickly. so i dont think that the game is the problem or the dvd to be exact.

i am using the default setting, no speedhacks. and the resolution is normally at native. i also tried customizing the resolution ang same problems occur. do i need to install something on my pc for this? i own dmc3 se and i hate buying a new 1 if its the game thats the problem. also, the games speed if fine, its around 59 or 60 fps. so i think its the hardware of my computer or im missing any installment, like direct x or anything.
Sounds like a Alpha Hack thats screwing things up, flick it on / off in GSDX and see if it helps.

Alternatively you might have some very aggressive SkipDraw Hack activated in GSDX... try to set SkipDraw to a lower number, or deactivate it completely.
Download this PCSX2 : PCSX2 SVN

Then add the line in your GSDX.ini (In Inis Folder)

GSDX.ini Wrote:allowhacks=1

Then while configuring your PCSX2 tick the Offset Hack and try with it. TRy altering between the available hacks. Enable/Disable Alpha Hack. If not then use GSDX Software mode. Smile
i remember when i played DMC3 both normal version and SE with no such problem the only problem i had was the blur which is solved with latest SVN

but naked enemies !!!

it is very weird
Check your graphics card control panel and make sure AA is disabled
(11-12-2011, 03:31 AM)Coldbird Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a Alpha Hack thats screwing things up, flick it on / off in GSDX and see if it helps.

Alternatively you might have some very aggressive SkipDraw Hack activated in GSDX... try to set SkipDraw to a lower number, or deactivate it completely.

i already tried the alpha hack (ALPHA CORRECTION (FBA)) and nothing happens, the error is still there. and about this SKIPDRAW, i dont know how to modify this, can you give me instructions on this?

@ recoder: i try this 1 as well, thanks, ill post feedback after i tried this.

@ bositman: how do i disable this AA on my graphics card. i think the problem is also the graphic card of my pc?
In the Graphics Control Panel( For Nvidia : Nvidia Control Panel and for ATI : Catalyst Control Center and for Intel the GRaphics Controller. Tongue2)
nothing happens, still the same, i turned AA off and nothing happens except that the output graphic is jagged. so i turned it back on. oh i hate it, i want to play as vergil this time, maybe ill just play this back on the normal dmc3 as dante with a very hard difficulty for a change. i guess the problem is the game itself. coz normal dmc (not the special edition) plays fine.

another question, im trying to play dmc 1, and i hate it coz it does not start. after i run it. its just black screen and nothing more. any idea about this?

why don't you just play the pc version ?
I don't think he will want to buy a PC version again. Then Play it on Ps2. Tongue2
Pages: 1 2