..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Massive slow down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way at all to fix the massive slow down I'm getting--or is my computer simply too old. I run Ubuntu 11.10 and have a pentium 4 processor with 4gb of RAM.
Your cpu is old, that's your problem.
What is your gpu ? What game are you trying to run ?
CPU is the slowdown. Tongue2 You need to have a better processor. Try Speedhacks if required.
I was trying to run FFXII, believe it or not. Having a background in IT and computer programming, I came to the conclusion that my poor box (a work computer from my dad) is too old. It'll play the game, but its so slow that its effectively unplayable--I can only imagine how slow it would get with so much flying around. Is it possible to make it run properly with the speed hacks? Would it run faster on a windows set up?

Looks like its time for a new computer, but sadly I've got no money.

I guess I can try the speed hacks before I completely hang it up though. Is there a guide somewhere or can you show me what to do?
It's just not possible period to have enjoyable gameplay with that cpu on FFXII. You'd have better shoot with game like Atelier Iris or Mana Khemia.