..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Setting DaZ and Flush to Zero with a pnach file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if there was a way to set DaZ mode and Flush mode with a patch. I ask because of incompatibility issues with some games. I don't really mind going into the menues to set it with each game, but it would be really nice to just put in my DVD and play... and now I think about it, completely awesome if I could set PCSX2 as an autoplay option for DVDs...

Anyway, I already know how to set round mode (roundmode=*****), although I'm not sure if that sets it for VU or EE, so I suppose some clarification would be nice there aswell.

If this is all documented somewhere I apologize, I hate it just as much as everyone else when a question comes up alot, but I swear I've been googling for quite a while now and have gotten no answers.

PS This is my first post here. Hi everyone!
Well, It would be more usefull to have a tool like ePSXeCuttor but for PCSX2, where every game would have a different configuration, and even a way to do a Direct Access to it (click-n-game). But we'll have to wait for someone to do it. For the pnach file, I don't have any idea, but it must be something like roundmode.
(12-20-2008, 07:51 PM)stpdrgstr Wrote: [ -> ]Well, It would be more usefull to have a tool like ePSXeCuttor but for PCSX2, where every game would have a different configuration, and even a way to do a Direct Access to it (click-n-game).

Exactly. We want to keep emulator speedhacks and plugin configuration overrides as separate from the pnatch files as possible. The pnatch parser is already a terrible mess thanks to roundmode and zerogs hacks, and worse yet if the nature of speedhacks change (as they already have numerously during the Playground dev cycle) the out-dated pnatch files can break more than they fix.
Ah, well that's understandable. I must admit, it would certainly be nice if there could be more of a differentiation between cheats and compatibility settings. Kudos on your work by the way, I've actually been reading through some of the PCSX2 code recently, I can't imagine even trying to find my way around that much code.