..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 Translator Application/Translation Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, I apologize in advance if the following question already has an answer, it could be 'caused by my ignorance Tongue.

So, I've just finished reading the main PCSX2 site about a new guide for 0.9.7 version of the PCSX2. Now my mother language is Serbian, but there's an Croatian(Serbian/Croatian are close to being the same language) translation here, which is for 0.9.6 version. Now my question is: am I allowed to translate the new guide (0.9.7) to Serbian/Croatian language, or could the 0.9.6 work as well as the guide for 0.9.7?

Also, I would like to apologize if someone already applied for this translation, this post is kinda very long, and It would really take me a lot of time to read every answer/application Smile. Thanks for understanding, and I'm looking forward to the answer Smile.
edit: I'll finish with the Hungarian in a week...hopefully.
I think we should retain the guide v0.9.6 if it had been already translated, cuz I saw Official English Guide is keeping both v0.9.6 and v0.9.7.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Forum-English-Guide
The 0.9.6 guide and translations will be kept until the new stable (0.9.8) will be released and then that will be the new stable build.
So yeah we will need new translations for the 0.9.7 guide, so Shdow89 you can start working on it just like bmate.

Unfortunately I will be gone for almost a year since I have to serve in the army here (obligatory) so Shadow Lady will take my place in organizing translations for 0.9.7.
I'm thinking of attempting a Japanese translation using the 0.9.7 template (since I lived in Japan for two years, and learned three years in High School), which means I have five-six years' of Japanese experience. It won't be a perfect translation, so, I apologize in advance.
Although I am totally busy nowadays in the university, I will try to do my best to translate the 0.9.7 configuration guide. so, Can I start working on it? or it is still early.
(10-31-2010, 05:23 PM)nintendo85 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm thinking of attempting a Japanese translation using the 0.9.7 template (since I lived in Japan for two years, and learned three years in High School), which means I have five-six years' of Japanese experience. It won't be a perfect translation, so, I apologize in advance.

It would be very much needed since from our stats Japan is the #2 visiting country of pcsx2.net after USA. But you also applied for the 0.9.6 translation and never did it....

Quote:Although I am totally busy nowadays in the university, I will try to do my best to translate the 0.9.7 configuration guide. so, Can I start working on it? or it is still early.

Sure Smile I don't recommend starting right now since we are still correcting a few things here and there, give it a week and start then Smile
(10-31-2010, 03:05 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately I will be gone for almost a year since I have to serve in the army here

Well at least you'll fire some guns, maybe drive a tank. I didn't even get the notice to go for the medical check up.

(10-31-2010, 09:10 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Sure Smile I don't recommend starting right now since we are still correcting a few things here and there, give it a week and start then Smile

You gotta be kidding, I already translated it until the index Tongue (btw I plan to do it from scratch)
Great, I believe I'll be able to finish the translation during this week. I'm a student in the Department of English language and literature, so this translation will help me practice my translation assignments, as well as help all the Serbian/Croatian people reading the guide. Smile
I could do the translation for Portuguese Brazil, is there anyone doing that already?