..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 Translator Application/Translation Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'd like to ask for permission to update the Norwegian translation - mainly of the program's GUI. It would seem that the current maintainer hasn't been online in the last couple years, and as a result there are quite a few missing or otherwise confusing translations in place... so, I'm eager to lend a hand in rectifying such.
It would be faster if you could send pull requests in Github for the update of the translation.
(05-20-2015, 05:30 PM)Tokiko Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I'd like to ask for permission to update the Norwegian translation - mainly of the program's GUI. It would seem that the current maintainer hasn't been online in the last couple years, and as a result there are quite a few missing or otherwise confusing translations in place... so, I'm eager to lend a hand in rectifying such.

Go ahead Wink
I would like to work on the translation for assamese (It is my native native language and i am from india Smile ) i Have already started the work and waiting for the green light Laugh

Btw Where will have to post the code ? I do not want to lose my progress so backing it on the server looks like a good idea
And i am just working on the guide for now. I will see later if i want to do the GUI and Quick Start.
Do you mean the translation for GUI (or) the configuration guide ? For the translation of the GUI, it would be ideal to PR the changes in Github. Whereas, translation for the configuration guide should be posted on your respective language thread on the configuration guide forums. To create the thread and get user permissions over your respective language subforum , you would have to ask bositman for it.
(06-07-2015, 08:12 PM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean the translation for GUI (or) the configuration guide ? For the translation of the GUI, it would be ideal to PR the changes in Github. Whereas, translation for the configuration guide should be posted on your respective language thread on the configuration guide forums. To create the thread and get user permissions over your respective language subforum , you would have to ask bositman for it.

I meant the configuration guide for now. GUI and Quick Starter are my long term work goals.
Update : As you can see i have started my work on the "Assamese translation" as Bositman Gave me the green light Laugh. If anyone who speaks and can write almost fluently in Assamese feel free to help me . Just Pm me and i will add you to my Translation Group.It will be more than helpful and progress would go fast. Thank you Smile
Hi , I'm gonna to be translate to Vietnamese , so can you tell me how to translate this and where tutorial
May i ask permission to translate the GUI to hebrew? (access to the POT files)
(06-05-2016, 02:51 AM)Noobita Wrote: [ -> ]May i ask permission to translate the GUI to hebrew? (access to the POT files)

Basically you do not need permissions to access the POT files, and start translating. You just have to download the POT files and create/translate PO for your language from them. Optionally, use latest development version take a look at the GUI and test your translations. (If you're on Windows, download latest automated builds of PCSX2 from here. If you're on Linux, build from source code using proper build instructions.)

Further information can be found in http://wiki.pcsx2.net, mainly in Translation Guide.
Hello, PCSX2!

Since the Norwegian translation of PCSX2 is several years outdated by now, I just as well spent a few days brushing up the Norwegian GUI translation, as well as updating it to the same version(?) as the current POT source file (Hopefully it shows up as an attachment to this post). Since this was merely a short thing that I did, I hope it's possible for me to forgo the usual application process and instead just submit it right here, also because I do not intend to become the full-time designated Norwegian translator, unfortunately (especially since if I forgot to resign from the task afterwards, people would then get confused over whether I was still active or not).

If it's not quite that easy as the above to submit a translation, _then_ I'd make a formal application to post in the Norwegian translation thread.