..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 Translator Application/Translation Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to work on a Greek translation for PCSX2. Will be waiting for a reply Laugh
(03-09-2019, 10:42 AM)ComradeTurtle Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to work on a Greek translation for PCSX2. Will be waiting for a reply Laugh

Hi ComradeTurtle.

It seems there is no translation for Greek yet, so you could start one Biggrin .

I suggest taking a look at my comment #547 and the next ones in this very same topic, where we discussed instructions for Danish translation.  Also, PCSX2 Documentation in PCSX2 Wiki has a few translation-related articles which might interest you.

Please take a look at these info and let us know if you have any doubt.
no offense joseph, but aren't the admins here who decides who gets to be an actual translator and who isn't?
(07-22-2019, 10:14 PM)StriFe Wrote: [ -> ]no offense joseph, but aren't the admins here who decides who gets to be an actual translator and who isn't?

Anyone can see the repository on github and pr new translations.
(07-22-2019, 10:14 PM)StriFe Wrote: [ -> ]no offense joseph, but aren't the admins here who decides who gets to be an actual translator and who isn't?

No offense taken. AFAIK, the first step is the contributor to show interest (which might need some info on how translation works in here), but I wouldn't mind if an admin said otherwise.  At least in Danish situation, his contribution landed in the source code successfully...

Anyway, my intention was to provide some info to the newcomer so that the (maybe, possible) Greek translator can get started with contributing, and hopefully, if nicely done, get PCSX2 translated to that language.
lightning I'm not saying anything about the github, I mean more like sure ppl can translate it freely, but as in being an actual translator (Getting the title on the forum more or less).
(07-23-2019, 06:04 AM)StriFe Wrote: [ -> ]lightning I'm not saying anything about the github, I mean more like sure ppl can translate it freely, but as in being an actual translator (Getting the title on the forum more or less).

I'm not sure that's a thing currently.

Before PCSX2 repository in GitHub, translations were accepted exclusively via PO/patch files sent to Translation-specific forum. Since GitHub, pull requests seems to be accepted from anyone. For example, AFAIK I'm the only Brazilian with access to the translation-specific forum, but history shows other contributors via pull request.
Ey, mind if I claim the Turkish translation branch?
(01-15-2020, 05:18 AM)hanako Wrote: [ -> ]Ey, mind if I claim the Turkish translation branch?

Thanks for your interest. Please coordinate efforts with the current translator (e.g. contact via email), to check if he/she is still active and willing to discuss changes/updates. You can check who is the translator in here. To translate, see the Translation Guide.
Current version of the Online Config guide is for version 1.2.1. Here's an update for version 1.6. It can be transferred into the site's HTML.

It's got .doc and a few updated images to match current versions. the stuff highlighted in green was stuff i went over and checked out. I think the only thing i didn't know personally was the linux stuff. I'm sure someone can fill that info in. Some sections were reorganized and stuff was cut out because it doesn't exist in the emulator anymore or claims about direct3d being faster and more compatible are probably not true any more. Whole sections about plugins that are obsolete and probably not being included in the next version were cut entirely.