..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Low fps question again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I am new to emulation and not great with computers. I was able to get pcsx2 0.9.8 and got it running. However, the fps for Kingdom Hearts is around 25-35. Now, my computer SUCKS and i know it won't consistently be 60(tho project 64 worked great). But any little tip to increase the fps to atleast 45 will be appreciated. I'm working with:

HP Pavillion G6
amd athlon tm ii p340 dual-core processor 2.3 GHz (Turbo available) (I know Amd sucks for this, but whatever)

4 GB RAM
Windows 7 64-bit
I use the GS plugin

As of right now I have toyed with speedhacks to no avail. Also, I have some audio setting (effects processing?) disabled. I tried frame skipping and it works great at some points, but screws up too often.

Any help would be awesome
ok, your CPU is really weak for pcsx2, what is your GPU ?
(11-25-2011, 09:23 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]ok, your CPU is really weak for pcsx2, what is your GPU ?

Yeah I am not too sure, however, I used a svn and got everything working great. Apparently my CPU is good enough. Using the most recent svn, speedhacks, and disabling that audio effect I can run at 60 fps with the occasional drop to 55.