..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Missing text in Resident Evil: Code Veronica X NTSC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have read the config guide and tried to google for more info but I can't do anything to make my problem go away. Hopefully someone will know what to do:

When I pick up an item or use "CHECK" there is no text displayed in the status window (it normally says stuff like "do you want to pick up the bullets? yes / no"). Also, when I read the ingame manual the "book" graphic is rendered OVER the text, blocking it out. This leads me to believe it is some kind of Z order problem. I have tried all the settings on and off 1 by 1 and also tried disabling automatic fixes but these problems still remain.

I'm using 0.9.8, D3D9 and defaults for other plugins. My specs are:

CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core E2140 @ 1.6GHz
GPU: 7800GT 256MB PCI-E
RAM: 2GB

The game runs pretty well otherwise, but the glitches are stopping me from playing. Hope you can help, thanks for reading.
Give the latest SVN a try, see how that fairs: http://pcsx2.net/svn.php
Also try switching to a software renderer for the missing text by pressing F9, that way you'll know if it's a GSdx bug or not
I tried SVN first but still same problem. Switching to software renderer fixed it though. Thanks!

Not sure how fast it will run but it's progress anyway.