..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Help with FFX settings on 0.9.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been messing with the configuration for a while but cant seem to get a stable fps. It seems to jump from 20-60fps a decent amount. What would be the best configs and plugins I should get?
Windows Vista
RAM 3GB
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz
GeForce 8400M GS
set to default....FFX can hold almost every dual-core processor since it's light-demanding.
don't expect perfect impact-graphic speeds e.g.Laughemi and Hellfire.
But not on that CPU. I ran FFX on a Core 2 Duo T???? @ 2.2 Ghz and it ran at 30 -> 50 FPS.
Try setting the Windows Power Plan to High Performance. Try NATIVE Resolution in GSDX.
(12-21-2011, 06:24 PM)recoder Wrote: [ -> ]Try setting the Windows Power Plan to High Performance. Try NATIVE Resolution in GSDX.

I Have already tried that power plan and res and the fps still spikes.
Considering 2.0GHz is pretty good to run PCSX2 on. I have a 2.20GHz and FFX runs pretty decent. In fact around 40-50 and usually 60 fps in the sphere grid menus. Actually sometimes it'll go turbo and run about 100 in sphere grid menus. I don't know why it does that, but oh well. I'm actually glad though that this runs on my PC.
(12-21-2011, 08:53 PM)Darkslyde11 Wrote: [ -> ]I Have already tried that power plan and res and the fps still spikes.

what is your current temperatures during the fps spikes(CoreTemp)
(12-22-2011, 06:52 AM)tallbender Wrote: [ -> ]what is your current temperatures during the fps spikes(CoreTemp)

Its at the normal running temp when i usually play games and what not. Its kind of random but i got the settings pretty decent. But any spells and moves it drop significantly. Even the low animated moves it drops pretty. It even drops a lot at the dark screens where tidus talks.
It is a particularly weak GPU.

What do the EE% and GS% say when slow?

BTW - It's so fast at times because the scene is particularly light (like the menus).
(12-23-2011, 07:14 AM)Rezard Wrote: [ -> ]It is a particularly weak GPU.

What do the EE% and GS% say when slow?

BTW - It's so fast at times because the scene is particularly light (like the menus).

the EE% is usually never comes too far off 100% and the GS ive never seen go over 35%
Pages: 1 2