..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SAVE STATE LOST?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it normal that whenever I close the pcsx2 I lost my save states??
thats a dull question

save states won't auto-delete during pcsx2's shutdowns.
if they are not being recorded it may be an access rights issue. If windows Vista or seven and the game is installed under c:\Program Files (x86) you should uninstall it and install in a user created folder, such user created folder might be on C: (something like C:\PCSX2) or another partition, like D:\Emulators\PCSX2. The names don't really matter, just avoid the non blessed "Windows specially protected" folders.

Notice installing at Desktop or Documents is BAD idea too, the saves and configuration files at /Documents is fine, what should never be there are executable files.
Like Ken said Smile Microsoft produced a nasty Permission Bug within Program Files with some programs and they just refuse to fix it lol Tongue
thanks ken! it works!
Actually is not a bug (of sorts) Smile is more like a dumb over zealous feature related to the UAC (User Account Control) which is prone to create the most mindblowing problems, like silently hiding files into shadow folders or just silently refusing to perform required tasks.

The issue can be (sometimes) workaround running the application as "The Adminstrator", but beyond defeating the very purpose that should be security, it is plainly awkward and better avoid all problems once and for all by never installing games on those specially protected folders.

That's valid for all games, and absolute necessity if is the kind of game which rely on mods and/or plugins.
(12-22-2011, 09:31 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: [ -> ]Like Ken said Smile Microsoft produced a nasty Permission Bug within Program Files with some programs and they just refuse to fix it lol Tongue

PCSX2 should atleast write to the virtual store folder in appdata, though for some reason it does not.