..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Final Fantasy X-2 FMV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody. I've just recently downloaded PCSX2 v0.9.8, and I've run it with my custom ripped FFX and FFX-2 ISOs. My question is this. When running FFX, I haven't had any issues/lag/slowdowns during any videos, battles, etc. When I run FFX-2, it tends to lag/skip slightly during battles, but cutscenes, and FMVs lag below their normal speed. The FPS shown is around 45-47 fps (attachment), but the graphics themselves are spectacular. The ISO is the NTSC Version. My system specs are:

Acer Aspire Laptop 5750
Processor: Intel Core i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30 GHz
Memory: 4GB RAM
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics Family (Came with the laptop, not like I can change it or afford a new one)

My Plugin Settings are attached as SS, along with the picture that shows what I see and a sample of the graphics when the cutscene rolls, especially the opening cutscene.

I have Automatic Gamefixes, Enable Cheats, and Enable Host Filesystem checked on the System Menu. How can I get better speed for it? I have also explored the other threads and found nothing that has been of help yet. Any assistance in this matter is appreciated.
FFX-2's fmv's require more processing power because they have an internal deinterlacing method specific to the games video player (partly why the fmv's in this game have a larger horizontal vs vertical resolution)

you should be getting a bit more fps than you are in battle though, so it might be the Performance/Power profile or processors thermal protection throttling the clock rates.