..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: This build should work right?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So my specs are
Win 7 64 bit
8 gig Ram
1tb hard drive
AMD Athlon II X4 650 processor @ 3.2 GHz
ATI Radeon HD 4200

Im trying to run Dragon Quest VIII on this computer, and it hit major slowdown from 55-60 drop to 13-14 fps when the intro cuts to king trodain, any ideas on how to speed up? I made priority to high and closed any other programs and still the same issue. Any help would be awesome!

Thanks

Edit: with suggested speedups im getting 30-35 fs, still not fast enough, however..
Decrease the internal res in pcsx2 to native if you didn't yet, but generally buy a decent GPU as this
Code:
ATI Radeon HD 4200
is simply not enough for playing most games.
Made the Priorty High?? You mean from Task Manager.

Make sure to sure PCSX2 0.9.8 or up.

Try these
  • Change the Round mode to Nearest and Clamp Mode to None in Both EE and VU's section.
  • Use Speedhacks.
  • Use Native Resolution
  • Change Windows Power Plan to High Performance : Important
miseru99 is right.
Especially in this case because Dragon Quest 8 can be pretty GPU heavy.
*sigh* just made the video choppy and crappy, i guess im doomed not not be able to enjoy this without dropping 100 more bucks on this rig(on top of the 700 i paid)
700 is a total ripoff for that spec especially if you just bought it.
Get a new Graphics Card. My Friend got a second hand Nvidia Geforce GTX 480 for $5 only. the original card user gave away the card and bought a new Geforce GTX 580. Tongue2
Quote:Get a new Graphics Card. My Friend got a second hand Nvidia Gefore GTX 480 for $5 only.

let me know when hes ready to sell his 780 Laugh
Yes I will. you should ask him Tongue2
"AMD Athlon II X4 650 processor @ 3.2 GHz"

This is also just okay. It won't get you full speed in much of the game.
Pages: 1 2