..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Emulator question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

first off i want to say that the PCSX2 is awesome thanks you so much for this gift

i just have one question about software rendering

i use GDS 460 rendering with Dx 11 software rendering , because in Hardware in the in-game i had bad graphics problems , anyway i use software render and anything looks great only problem is resolution and the antialiazing Sad

my question is is there a way to i set a high res for the software render ?

Thanks
No, there is not.

You can utilize FXAA with recent SVN builds (available on the main site).
Toggle it with the Page Up key.
Thanks Rezard , now the game looks a lot better

just to ask where i can find the FXAA on the PCSX2 plate ? i mean if i won't to use page up key

Thanks

The only way to currently enable it by default is to add the following line to your GSdx.ini file.

FXAA=1
Thank you ,
@rezard why can't we input our own custom resolution in the software mode???i was wondering about this from a very long time....
Because it is not possible by design.
okie...:l
Software mode is 100% accuracy, so yeah.
(01-17-2012, 09:21 AM)Phoenix Burstout Wrote: [ -> ]@rezard why can't we input our own custom resolution in the software mode???i was wondering about this from a very long time....

From what I recall, it's because any amount of scaling in SW mode would prove even more difficult to run at any reasonable rate. Even in this day and age (5Ghz quads and all), but especially so if you go back to when the system was put in place. You gotta think of how fast your CPU can run with native res, and probably at least multiply that by 4 times for 2x native (since there's about 4 times the pixel count).

Let's put it this way;

If you can run at over 240fps at native resolution with software rendering,
you could just run 60fps at the would be 2x scaling with software rendering.

Now how many games run at no less than 240fps with software rendering for you (or anybody)?
Pages: 1 2