..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Ps2 to pc (noob question)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if anyone could help me, I don't have as much free time anymore so I wanted to use cheats on Final Fantasy 12 to level up but found out that the only cheats available was from gameshark armax etc. Since I can't find any of those cheat devices I did a search and found out that I could use these codes on pcsx2 so I downloaded and installed it, unfortunately I found out that my pc specs aren't up to par. So my question is how do I transfer my ps2 saved game to my pc, apply cheats and transfer it back to my ps2? I tried looking for tutorials on how to do this but could not understand half of it. Could someone tell me what hardware and software is needed to do this and how to do it in layman's terms please? Any help would be appreciated.
if you have the save file follow the guide in my signature Wink
Yes that is a helpful guide when downloading save files but it is not what I asked to reiterate "how do I transfer my ps2 saved game to my pc, apply cheats and transfer it back to my ps2?"
If you have a way to dump your bios then you definitely have a way to dump your saves.
Then use one of the FF12 save editors found in the Tools forum here to add some cheats.

You don't need pcsx2 for this at all so it doesn't matter how week your pc is.
Here you can find some methods to install a softmod on your ps2 but rather that starting the installed,just use uLaunchELF to backup your saves to your USB flash drive
http://freemcboot.info/
do what vsub says

then use mymc

then you have the save in PCSX2 memory card

apply cheats

extract the save ( in the guide too )

copy it back to your PS2 memory card

and you have your cheats Smile[/b]

a bit complicated but easy once you know what are you doing Wink
Thanks for the help guys, but how do I do all this? I had a friend help me with the bios dump so I have no idea how to do any of this, I don't even know how to connect the ps2 to the pc. Could you please direct me to a more detailed guide (for a noob obviously).
Turns out the reason nothing works is because I don't have a modded ps2. Why can nobody ever help me, it's not like I asked for a 1000 page guide or something.
Quote:Here you can find some methods to install a softmod on your ps2 but rather that starting the installed,just use uLaunchELF to backup your saves to your USB flash drive

vsub already told you a way to mod your PS2. You're pretty rude while 2 people are already trying to help you with good advice.
If the original problem is still about cheating n FF12:
The game is freaking easy! Just play it normally and you'll have no issues beating it whatsoever.