..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: I72600k SOTC slow need help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there guys I'm new to the ps2 emulation scene I'm trying to run SOTC but the fps are super slow and I don't know how to fix it here are my pc specs any help would be greatly appreciated:

CPU: I7 2600k oc'd to 4.1
Gpu: EVGA GTX570 HD
16gb corsair vengence ram not sure if that helps but there it is. oh the version I am using is 0.9.9.4962 (svn)
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
putting the VU Cycle Steal speedhack up a notch usually sorts that game right out. Would be a good idea to put the recommended speedhacks on too
What kind of frame rate are you getting?
sorry about that here are all of the specs:

CPU: I7 2600k oc'd to 4.1
Gpu: EVGA GTX570 HD
version of PCSX2: 0.9.9.4962 (svn)
using all defaults
Games:all iso's GTAWackoA fine except goshting? of surronding stuff on screen and graphic freaks. And Shadow of the Collosus horrible frames any where from 28-6 fps.
Are you playing the game through an ISO or the game disc? Best to run the game in the ISO format.
it's all iso's I can run nascar dirt to daytona just fine though.
SotC is extremely slow on PCSX2 due to the way we time the Vector Units.
Ours are not exactly timed as on a real PS2.
On the real console you get a slower framerate while on PCSX2 it usually stays the same.

The VU cycle steal speedhack slows the emulated Vector Units down to PS2 level in this game.
Set it one or 2 notches up, depending on how much speedup you need.
thanks guys I'll try that.
ok I put the vu cycle steal up to 2 and the mtvu hack on and switched to dx11 hardware instead of software and now it runs at 56-60 fps but seems as tho there are blocks of gray "artifacting"? I think but not sure should I switch it back to software? or?
Pages: 1 2