..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FPS Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
My pcsx2 is able to run at 60 fps at most part of games but it drops down. While if i remove my fps limit, my fps can go over 60.. so Why can't it maintain 60 fps with the fps limit on?
Post your:

System specs
Version of PCSX2 you are using
Any non default settings you use
My specs are:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 4095 MB
CPU name = AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+
Vendor/Model = AuthenticAMD (stepping 03)
CPU speed = 3.013 ghz (2 logical threads)
ATI RADEON HD 4800 SERIES
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = 178bfbff 00002001
x86EFlags = ebd3fbff

And im using pcsx2 .9.9 so here are my configs
GSDX 5068(MSVC 16.00, SSE2) 0.1.16
EE and IOP at recompiler
Round Mode: Nearest
Clamping mode: none
VU0 Default
VU1: SuperVU compiler
EECycle:3 with 2 checks
VU stealing cycle: 1 with only 1 check
overclock ur cpu it will hit 3.60ghz easy at 40-50 degrees under load depending on cooling.
tht will get u Ok
How do i overlock my cpu?
I got a personal computer btw not a laptop
well u should have a program called AMD overdrive
Yeah, i tried that but it says it doesn't detect a supported chip or something, so is there another way?
doesnt detect supported chip eh? welll now http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/247579...g-problems
this could be whats goin on with you, im not sure cuz at first the name of your chip sounded integrated but its not. any who
u have the CPU drivers obviously but amd overdrive should support it. Run as admin in Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode.
I tried the window xp sp 3 with admin on, it still doesn't work. And i don't get what to do with the forum link lol
well basicly the guy was being told his Powe supply unit isnt good enough and im wondering whats the wattage on yours?
oh n about the overclock you could try updating AMD overdrive
Pages: 1 2 3 4