..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: CPU for PSX2 -i5 2500 (non k) or AMD FX-4100/6100
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
That's overclocked at 4,5 Ghz...Also this is a video so it has probably been sped up to full speed (I hope that bulldozer was enough for 60fps but you can't be sure knowing how bad they perform Wacko )
Ok..thanks gamerx1990.reps+..i will take an i5 2500.
i guess my 5770 and 2 gb ddr3 ram is ok to have normal constant framerates??
Nope, Bulldozer isn't enough for 60FPS at stock, and heavily OC'ed it just barely hits 60FPS...barely...while a 2500K at the same frequency will have 100FPS.
(01-23-2012, 10:30 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]That's overclocked at 4,5 Ghz...Also this is a video so it has probably been sped up to full speed (I hope that bulldozer was enough for 60fps but you can't be sure knowing how bad they perform Wacko )

ok everyone..since bulldozer is pretty much thrown out cpu by you people,so i will grab an i5...
The 5770 is fine for native resolution and 2x or 3x depending on which game.
mainly god of war and wwe here comes the pain..btw by 2x 3x, did u mean anti aliasing??
No, it is a setting under GSdx hardware mode, a check box for native resolution to be used or scaling ranging from 2x to 6x the native (the game's native res is the res on the top left of the game window when playing) or custom.
ok many thanks 2 all for helping me and clearing the doubts..reps to all...
(01-23-2012, 10:02 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Get the 2500k. It's so easy to OC it's ridiculous, you literally change one value in the BIOS to get 4 Ghz in a snap. Don't need to know anything to do it either, it just works
i could have bought it but i am being offered i5 2500 with great cashback,also i m on tight budget for pc as i was planning for fx 4100 earlier but here all experts told me to go for intel...so i have extended my budget a bit for an expensive but great rig..
(01-23-2012, 10:24 PM)darksmart1 Wrote: [ -> ]actually my primary objective is to build a psx2 compatible system at a lowest possible price.So i m preferring amd.(also i used to be an amd fanboy for their price by performance ratio,but thats an old thingUnsure)

hell I'm currently use AMD myself, even worse than yours Laugh

But it's a stone cold fact that they are severely outclassed by the competitor and dashed many hopes lots of people put onto their new architecture (which was, in all sense of word, a dud).

If I were you, I'd rather hold back a bit to gather cash to get enough for the K (a day or two holding back?) than regret your decision when a game require you to nudge the clockspeed a tad higher, you never know...
Pages: 1 2 3 4