..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 Significant Speed Decrease
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
6 months ago i used the 4268 build to play both Resident Evil Outbreaks at a speed at near full speed ingame. However when i recently wanted to play them both using PCSX2 0.9.8 the speed dropped significantly to around 18 fps. I have also tested 0.9.8 on the same laptop thats only difference is it is less used and the result was around 28 fps ingame.

My Specs are:

AMD Phenom II n930 Quad Core @2.00 GHz
4GBs of RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6500m/5600/5700 Series
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

PCSX2 0.9.8 (4600)
mVU Flag Hack
mVU Block Hack
Resident Evil Outbreak ISO and DVD (no speed difference both slow)

Sorry, you must be mistaken. There is no way that system could have ever hit full speed.
It cant? Oh damn.
Thanks for the speed reply, but im sure it hit a reasonable speed thats more then the speed now, but i guess i must've been imagining that, thanks again.
Well, the emulator will actually get slower the more mature it gets, because it's emulating the PS2 correctly more and more.
So if you have a older one it will run games faster???
It "may" run some games faster, if at all. If you find a revision that suits your needs, just use it and keep it around.
AMD Phenom II N/P series are very weak, the equivalent Llano blows them out of the water at the same speed. Put in "K10Stat" in Google, it should work with them as well.
Mkillbride what you on about? Outbreaks are both rediculously easy games to emulate he can easily pull it off with that hardware. I did with 1.8Ghz Duo and 8400M GT =P full fps at 1440x900
(01-25-2012, 06:58 AM)Mkilbride Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the emulator will actually get slower the more mature it gets, because it's emulating the PS2 correctly more and more.

This fact is true but at the same time they are always optimising it Laugh
Yes, but it will still get slower. They have said themselves; expect newer builds to be slower, not faster, but emulate more accurately.
Comparing 0.9.6 and 0.9.9 without MTvu usually gives me same or much less stress on cpu(in those games which got a boost from gif rewrite mainly;P), and with MTvu althrough it's heavier, it's most of the time much faster, only GSdx is heavier and slower, but mostly couse it simply draws more things which were invisible before;].
Pages: 1 2