..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Tales of Abyss Ghosting graphics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is there anyways to get rid of ghosting effect in Tales of Abyss, i only have it on D3D x 1, native doesn't look good i can usually go to x3.. but with ghost..

My specs are:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 4095 MB
CPU name = AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+
Vendor/Model = AuthenticAMD (stepping 03)
CPU speed = 3.013 ghz (2 logical threads)
ATI RADEON HD 4800 SERIES
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = 178bfbff 00002001
x86EFlags = ebd3fbff
use with Direct3D 9 & enable alpha correction (FBA), it gets less bugs then with directx 10

make sure all hacks (alpha and offset) are disabled.
What's FBA?
An option in GSdx.
Er, direct3d9 makes my fps drop lol i use direct3d 11
Have you tried an interlace mode, use f5 to cycle through them? or the offset hack (if your trying to get it playable in d3d10/11). It's odd that you need FBA to stop it from happening, I thought the alpha correction wasn't needed in dx10+ GS, or if your feeling lucky try each of the emu config presets, haven't played Abyss on pcsx2 yet, so I can only speculate sorry, GL. <3 Tales
What's offset hack?
Add "allowHacks=1" to your GSdx.ini and you'll see more options in GSdx config, offset hack was made to help with stuff similar to that, but I guess it actually brakes more in ToA than it could fix, at least for me it actually creates ghosting, when I have none without it(at least in the beginning as I don't have any saves under hand to check;]).
Thanks ill try it but i dont see the extra options lol
The allowhacks=1 acutally reduced it by a bit thanks! Laugh
Pages: 1 2 3