..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 new svn builds windows 32-bit only?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was willing to download the new SVN builds of pcsx2 0.9.9.

But as i saw there's only windows 32-bit available?

Will there be support for 64-bit any time soon?

As i really would like to try out the new builds.And sadly i have windows 7 64 bit.

-MozzaGamer
That means that the program itself is 32 bit, just like all our releases to date. It works perfectly fine in 64 bit operating systems (just like all the other 32 bit applications out there)
(01-30-2012, 03:43 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]That means that the program itself is 32 bit, just like all our releases to date. It works perfectly fine in 64 bit operating systems (just like all the other 32 bit applications out there)

Oh ok i was thinking that.

Just was not too sure.

Yet again thank you very much bositman!

Your help is much appreciated!

Im flying back home today.So it's hit that certain time to get back to PCSX2 lol.

-MozzaGamer
(01-30-2012, 03:43 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]That means that the program itself is 32 bit, just like all our releases to date. It works perfectly fine in 64 bit operating systems (just like all the other 32 bit applications out there)

Are you sure??? Wacko

there is a game called far cry (32-bit game). It doesn't work on a 64-bit os. It needs a special 64-bit patch to make it run.
OK most, Far Cry is a very old game and other ancient 32 bit games might have probs in 64 bit systems but the normal behavior would be working.
(01-30-2012, 04:41 PM)recoder Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure??? Wacko

there is a game called far cry (32-bit game). It doesn't work on a 64-bit os. It needs a special 64-bit patch to make it run.

Are you sure that didn't run? I thought the 64 bit exe was just made around the time people thought 64 would be faster.
The only affect that I can see possibly useful about a 64-bit exe to the end user, is they usually come ready to handle >2gb of memory, I just usually edit the .h file instead, to be able to allocate more than 2gigs, which is not nessessary tbh, but I play most games @ 4096 x 4096 on PCSX2, so the extra headroom is handy.
(01-30-2012, 04:41 PM)recoder Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure??? Wacko

Farcry just needs a no-cd to work on 64bit windows.
the problem is the securom version used has no 64bit driver

the amd64 patch was over-rated