..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PERFECT games list?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
naruto ultimate ninja 3

laptop, dualcore 2.26, nvidia 9600m gt, 3gb RAM
(12-28-2008, 04:37 AM)cyberia Wrote: [ -> ]naruto ultimate ninja 3

laptop, dualcore 2.26, nvidia 9600m gt, 3gb RAM

Surprisingly, no one mentioned tekken4 ... it is fully playable with my
C2D E8400 [email protected] + Radeon HD4850 + 4Go Ram

PS : crash bandicoot cortex as well is almost fully playable (very minor graphics bug only)
Marvel vs Capcom2 is fully playable, But patches should be enabled in the emulator.
Capcom vs SNK 2 also ... 2D games are well emulated and quite efficient speed !
Quote:How about asking people a list and divide it into three categories (rig, games, personal note).

I like the idea of a creating a list and dividing it into these three categories, but at the moment we are just listing games randomly in the thread. Isn't there a way we can maybe make it more structured? A voting section that allows you to say that you have played the game through, minimal glitches, recommended specifications etc. or maybe even a list of common problems/bugs & how to fix them (or a link to the corresponding thread might be easier)

Everybody can deliver their personal experience with the game. It would be kinda like an advanced version of the compatibility list on the home page.

What do you guys think? Is it a good idea, or is this maybe going a bit overboard?
I can attest to the fact that Tekken 4,Marvel vs Capcom 2,DBZ budokai tenkaichi 3,DBZ Budokai 3,Smackdown vs Raw 2006 and Smackdown:Here comes the pain run perfectly fine without any major issues.
Rig: Intel E6750 2.66GHz,2gb RAM 800 MHz,8600gt 256mb.
When pcsx2 was closed source, and new versions / revisions came out once every few months, such a thing was feasible. Now, I honestly think it's not much so. A game working today may be broken tomorrow by a less than perfect commit. This would make keeping such a list very, very had indeed...
That might seem so for a developer like you. But typical PCSX2 users/inofficial testers don't recompile every day, do they?
Well, just pointing out I am not a developer, I am a betatester and I mostly take care of things like forums, package and organizational stuff like that Tongue . It's even written in the FAQ.

But anyway, yeah, most people do not compile. However, many download compiled versions somewhere on the net. This was one of the main reasons that made us decide to release betas regularly since like 4-5 days ago. When you download a file somewhere, you do not know if it's the original code anymore, or if it contain malware, or even if it has stupid hacks in it.

Point is, if we did a list like suggested above, things would not change. Either access is restricted to selected, intelligent individuals, or it would be swamped by:
a) people reporting imaginary bugs due to the weird third party version they use or the fact the use hacks.
b) people requesting support in inappropriate ways
c) attention whores
etc
Quote:When pcsx2 was closed source, and new versions / revisions came out once every few months, such a thing was feasible.

Quote:However, many download compiled versions somewhere on the net. This was one of the main reasons that made us decide to release betas regularly since like 4-5 days ago. When you download a file somewhere, you do not know if it's the original code anymore, or if it contain malware, or even if it has stupid hacks in it.

Forgive me, but I don't quite understand what you mean...

It's true that because it is no longer closed source anyone can alter it, but the original will always be released here. If people download other compiled versions from other sources then that is their problem, isn't it? By downloading here you won't risk malware or horrible hacks of any kind.

I guess the point I am trying to make is that the list is for the versions released here and shouldn't take the other files download/recompiled elsewhere. Right? Unsure
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12