..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Custom Shaders for GSdx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-24-2012, 11:14 AM)KrossX Wrote: [ -> ]Lousy attempt at porting this version of the Reverse AA algorithm... and didn't end up looking any good. Wacko

Seems most suitable for natural images, so most games are out. Anyhow, ma'port looks like a bad sharpen filter at best.

#EDIT: To be used with native, and with a window/resolution at twice the normal size. Also, gotta edit the shader and put the respective size values.
Great one, would give great results in CGIs but mostly it would be cool if this or a combination of this and HQ2X/HQ4X could get implemented for texture filtering since billinear/bicubic are not really nice/sharp for today's standars.
So FXAA is basically full-screen smoothing, right? Which parameters in shader.fx should I tweak in order to increase the level of smoothing?
Edit: Sorted it, nvm.
This looks like a PSNR calculation result. How should it (virtualy) look like?
I've got problem no. 1 fixed, Compiles on both Dx9, and DX 11 now, still can't fix the problem in the screens though.
In the first one, on Output you calculated the ao float and set it as color output. That's a scalar, as color output... it would indeed be a grayscale image. You should sample a color without modifications then multiply it with the ao factor.

But, I don't think the current implementation lets you use anything that you're trying to use (not using effects, but just compiling ps_main and that's it). I think that's why it ends up as noise. I never checked what's available by the time this shader is compiled though, to see if there's depth information and stuff.
Thanks for having a look,
Notice: Below Shaders are dated, Updated PCSX2 FX shader Here

And you can find my PSX FX shader Here

-------------------------------------

Removed outdated shaders
I've optimized the FXAA shader used by GSDX a bit (the default fxaa used when there is no external shader.fx file loaded), removed a lot of redundant/unused code, which was only for consoles, and glsl. Less statement laddering, checks etc, removes useless processing.

This version also has a conditional pass implemented to ensure that the shader is using the best SM for your gpu.

I've also increased it's quality to the highest. So you're basically now getting a higher quality fxaa, with less impact on performance than the currently used version.

removed. outdated.
Hyllian's 5xBR glsl Shader (hastily, in a few minutes) ported to HLSL by me.

This algorithm is great on certain sprite/2D game games with lower res textures that don't upscale well, enjoy.

[attachment=41087]