..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Custom Shaders for GSdx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nothing like that in the console. Just to check I'm not being dumb, here's my PCSX2 folder and plugins:

[Image: PCSX2_2.jpg]
[Image: PCSX2.jpg]
Looks ok to me.
Even if you start it with an incorrectly set shortcut (so it wouldn't find the shader file), it should still toggle the default built-in FXAA and print the log message. Very odd :/
load this up in gsdx directx 9 mode, and tell me if it works, it's just a test (in case people download it thinking it's a proper shader)

Can you also post your gxdx.ini
OK - should I get wavy lines with that shader?

I did - but only in DX9 hardware mode (I was running DX11 hardware).

I then tried the MSAL shader and all I got was a light blue screen, which goes away if I delete the shader (as do the wavy lines with your test shader).

So something's definitely happening, but apparently only in DX9 mode, and nothing is reported in the console.

gdsx.ini:

Code:
[Settings]
ShadeBoost_Contrast=50
ShadeBoost_Brightness=50
ShadeBoost_Saturation=50
UserHacks_MSAA=0
UserHacks_AlphaHack=0
UserHacks_HalfPixelOffset=0
UserHacks_SpriteHack=0
UserHacks_SkipDraw=0
UserHacks_WildHack=0
UserHacks_AggressiveCRC=0
UserHacks_DisableCrcHacks=0
Renderer=3
Interlace=7
AspectRatio=0
upscale_multiplier=2
filter=2
paltex=0
vsync=0
logz=0
fba=0
aa1=0
nativeres=0
resx=1280
resy=960
extrathreads=0
ShadeBoost=0
UserHacks=0
ModeWidth=1280
ModeHeight=960
ModeRefreshRate=60
windowed=1
fxaa=1
Adapter=default
UserHacks_AlphaStencil=0
Ok, this should work for you,
[attachment=41093]
I don't get the blue screen any more but I honestly can't tell if there's a difference or not. Lack of any feedback from the console doesn't exactly help matters.
Try a different SVN of pcsx2? You should be getting confirmation messages from the console when you're enabling, and disabling the shaders.

You can test it by opening shader.fx (the msal shader) and going to line: 60 and change SMOOTH_LEVEL from 1.5 to 20.0 or w/e and see if your screen is insanely blurry.
Ah - cool. Tried it at 20.0 like you said and it is indeed crazy blury. So its just that the console doesn't tell me anything.
old shaders removed
Pretty nifty, and they seem to be rather light on performance as well. Will play around with it for a bit I think Smile
The second version only produces a black screen on a SM5 capable AMD card, though.