..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Custom Shaders for GSdx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-24-2013, 03:12 AM)Asmodean Wrote: [ -> ]You open up the shader in a text editor. I use Notepad++, and you can enable, disable, and customize your options inside. 0 = off, and 1 = on.

Everything is labeled.

I've included my own shader syntax highlighter in the zip file below, with a readme on how to install it.

This is what it looks like in notepad++ with my custom language;

Here is the custom language:

thanks out of curiosity how much changed with FXAA function since your original FXAA I still using that.
(03-24-2013, 04:05 AM)CGI Wrote: [ -> ]Just tried PCSX2Fx on Suikoden V, and the game looks amazing. No performance loss. Good work. Will be using this shader for now.
No worries, glad you like it, enjoy.

(03-24-2013, 05:38 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: [ -> ]thanks out of curiosity how much changed with FXAA function since your original FXAA I still using that.

That is the same FXAA, I've only made some more improvements. If you want it visually the exact same as before, go to the FXAA settings, and set FXAA_STRONG to 0.

FXAA_STRONG 1 increases the edge detection for more coverage (smoother), I personally like it, but you may, or may not.
(03-24-2013, 05:46 AM)Asmodean Wrote: [ -> ]No worries, glad you like it, enjoy.

That is the same FXAA, I've only made some more improvements. If you want it visually the exact same as before, go to the FXAA settings, and set FXAA_STRONG to 0.

FXAA_STRONG 1 increases the edge detection for more coverage (smoother), I personally like it, but you may, or may not.

i like the extra edge detection seeing the blur is barely visable as opposed to FXAA of earlier days. besdies any blur that might be there is preferred over MSAA seeing that cause more graphic issues then its worth and much more demanding.

I looked at it in Xenosaga II and i like what it does and how it looks, but till have the urge to really test it out i put but your original FXAA, great work either way.
I thought it might be a nice idea, if people shared their PCSX2Fx shader configs for games here (if it's cool with KrossX, as it's he's thread).

I thought I'd share my setup for the game I'm playing at the mo, Tales of the Abyss. In the chance that somebody else may like to use it.

My own basic rule of thumb, is to try enhance the game's fidelity, and depth, without changing the overall tone and feel of the game.

View Pics in Fullscreen (obviously Tongue), also bear in mind that they're highly compressed jpegs.

-------[Off]------------------[On]---------
[attachment=43402] [attachment=43403]

[attachment=43404] [attachment=43405]

---
Edit: Now that I look at them, jpegs really don't cut it, for comparison pics >.> Can't really tell from the screens.

Edit2: I've updated this again, with some more improvements.

[attachment=43454] [attachment=43453]

Link:[attachment=43452]
Enjoy.
looks really nice
Not sure what you mean by, "all fault of shader?" if you mean, is that all only from my shader, then yes. the difference is simply with my shader, on, and off.

Also, Just updated the ToTA config, I wasn't happy with a setting or two.
(03-26-2013, 12:49 AM)Asmodean Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure what you mean by, "all fault of shader?" if you mean, is that all only from my shader, then yes. the difference is simply with my shader, on, and off.

Also, Just updated the ToTA config, I wasn't happy with a setting or two.

meant was it settings default of lates shader you did, Kinda re edited the post cause i found out what i was asked.

Like said looks nice, who would thought one can make ps2 games look so damn good, some look better then ps3 games.
(03-25-2013, 07:15 AM)Asmodean Wrote: [ -> ]I thought it might be a nice idea, if people shared their PCSX2Fx shader configs for games here (if it's cool with KrossX, as it's he's thread).

Surething, don't see why not.
Very nice. .:-)
(03-25-2013, 07:15 AM)Asmodean Wrote: [ -> ]...

Mother of GOD!! This shader is amazing!! Love the effect in Gran Turismo 4. Will try other your modification of this shader but even they are not so good, this especially is great. Best shader so far, from all in this thread for GT4 ( PCSX2Fx(ToTA_Config) ). Thank you !

[Image: 1277a6246144042.jpg] [Image: e854d5246144049.jpg] [Image: 604de2246144058.jpg] [Image: e08eee246144064.jpg] [Image: 63e65f246144071.jpg] [Image: a8c175246144076.jpg] [Image: 357c2f246144081.jpg] [Image: b071c0246144087.jpg]