..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Custom Shaders for GSdx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not only that but the higher res seems to have really diminishing returns on fxaa mainly cause it lacks many patterns in it's edge detection I think.
(04-02-2013, 03:44 AM)hellbringer616 Wrote: [ -> ]Asmodean, I haven't forgotten about the shader, I just haven't had time due to work and now being sick with pneumonia.

Once I'm healthy i will get you some feedback. No worries Laugh

No worries man, get well soon. I suspect it will work fine (should anyway) as you've the same GPU as myself.

(04-02-2013, 07:30 AM)dralor Wrote: [ -> ]Not only that but the higher res seems to have really diminishing returns on fxaa mainly cause it lacks many patterns in it's edge detection I think.

Yes, but it's not a one-sided coin either. FXAA isn't generally the highest quality Post-AA technique, but - it's quality is good indeed, because it can be implemented in a single pass. and also the smoothing works well in older games with rough models. Something H/W-based AA cannot do, including the all-mighty supersampling (downsampling)
Hello asmodean !

I tested your shader, thanks for this Smile

Works good on Nvidia GTX 460 here, but big drop performance in certain place in game.

Dragon quest 8 for exemple :

Screenshot with FX shader (vanilla, no change) ==> 48 FPS

[Image: b0cf1dd1a8371db50d6db0e425b92t.jpg]

Screenshot, same place with FXAA colored ==> no slowdown, 60 FPS

[Image: 29a354f1840cf306e3f173651d5b7t.jpg]

Voila Smile
Asmodean Wrote:So far as I know, not at the moment, I'm afraid. What you can do, is add fxaa=1 to GSdx.ini, and the shader will enable itself as default, upon launch. I would seriously suggest playing with a gamepad, if you're not already doing so.

Buying a gamepad seems a tad expensive for a thing which would only take a few lines of code (max) to change. Tongue

Is there no source code I could fiddle with easily to change it (even though I have no idea how to, I imagine it can't be much harder than just changing something in an .ini file, since it is just one keybind)?
(04-02-2013, 12:12 PM)AzazelDC Wrote: [ -> ]Hello asmodean !

I tested your shader, thanks for this Smile

Works good on Nvidia GTX 460 here, but big drop performance in certain place in game.

Voila Smile

Optimisation will have to wait until after I'm finished the core shader. pcsx2fx is also doing quite a lot more than the colored fxaa, although I'm not sure If it looks right, from those screens. Notice how 100% of the detail is maintained while FXAA is enabled, notice the detail in the bricks, and roofing, the per-game accurate colour, lighting, and depth contrast etc. Accuracy is expensive Smile

That's just the base setup it's shipped with, you can adjust all the features, or disable some, if you want more fps for the moment. I give the user total control of the shader through the config options.

I'll be working on optimisation soon enough, but it's hard for me to tell accurately what is costing, what in fps, because I get no fps drop on my system (in profile), which makes it difficult to test lol.

(04-02-2013, 01:13 PM)Finzy Wrote: [ -> ]Buying a gamepad seems a tad expensive for a thing which would only take a few lines of code (max) to change. Tongue

Is there no source code I could fiddle with easily to change it (even though I have no idea how to, I imagine it can't be much harder than just changing something in an .ini file, since it is just one keybind)?

I'm not so sure any of the PCSX2 coders would be hard pressed to add this, unless others were requesting it also, as I'd imagine it would be a very rare problem, you could always make a request though, of course, couldn't hurt.

You can get the source via SVN @ google code. Simple to just change a binding. A small bit trickier, if you want to add the parsing to read a user defined key from the ini file (you'd need to go at a few different classes) Setting up the IDE environment for PCSX2, compiling etc. is the hard part, for the first time.

I don't even have visual studio at the moment, since I reinstalled OS last time, So I can't make a build.

Do you not have a PS3, 360 controller? You can use those, with the help of some filter drivers etc. DS3 tool, Xinput Wrapper.
(04-01-2013, 07:58 PM)Asmodean Wrote: [ -> ]...you can, lower BloomPower, you can lower Gamma, or make BlackLevel higher (BlackLevel is the tone mapping shadow correction, WhitePoint is the white correction)

FYI, I tried lower the BloomPower to 4.750 and it looks okay now. But the graphics look pretty much the same as when the BLOOM_PASS is disabled. What is the benefit of this effect?
(04-02-2013, 11:09 PM)xemnas99 Wrote: [ -> ]FYI, I tried lower the BloomPower to 4.750 and it looks okay now. But the graphics look pretty much the same as when the BLOOM_PASS is disabled. What is the benefit of this effect?

None really atm, the current bloom is pretty shabby. I plan on rewriting it, but I've only a single pass to play with, so I can't do anything spectacular, in general regarding the bloom.
Thanks for the information. I look forward to the rewritten one. Smile
May I request the following shaders:

-Bilinear Interpolation/Bilinear Filtering

-Scanlines (with 223 opacity/brightness) [25%, 50%, and 75% variations]

-Bilinear Interpolation/Bilinear Filtering + Scanlines (with 223 opacity/brightness) [25%, 50%, and 75% variations]

-4XGLSLHqFilter Smart Shader + Scanlines (with 223 opacity/brightness) [25%, 50%, and 75% variations]

I would've loved a scanline/bilinear filtering option just like nestopia or stacked shaders so a user could have more control but this would do for now.
Here's a scanlines / bilinear tryout but it's meh. Settings on the file itself.

I noticed the GS window seems to not use bilinear when upscaling...