..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Custom Shaders for GSdx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pete's OGL2 shaders won't work, cuz those are Pete's OGL2 shaders. Just use shaders from this thread, basically.

As for that build, that has nothing to do with this and it eventually evolved into the Sprite hack in the Hacks window. So you can just forget about it. Smile
Well you probably should have made like a separate thread for all these, but XD

I used the pcsx2 shader and liked it so much i decided to also get the psx shader for petes ogl2, and it sadly doesnt work.
You are looking for amd testers well, im using a mobile amd card lol

im not really sure exactly what you need from testers for it, but id love for you to get it working 100%, since id really love to use it for psx emulation and recommend it to others.

Here is some information (ya its more then you probably need lol)

system
CPU: core i5-2450M
ram: 8GB ddr3 1333 9-9-9-24
GPU: 1GB 128bit GDDR3 AMD 7670M
drivers and etc are all as up to date as possible.

emulator/plugins
emu: epsxe 1.8.0 patched with sharked enhanced (but have tried 1.8.0 unpatched aswell)
graphic plugin: petes opengl2 driver 2.9
sound plugin: peops sound audio driver 1.10
controller: lillypad (from pcsx-r page)
bios: scph1001.bin

games are ripped into .iso format, and it happens with any game.

here is graphic config
[Image: graphics.png]
The shader options are set for the natural shader i was using (shader level 3 and 1pixel offset). But ive tried turning full screen filtering on/off, pixel offset to 0, and also shader 1-4 for default settings. all result in the same.

I have my shaders directory set up, and i did copy all the files from the psx fx folder into the root of the shaders directory. (other then the readme and the .xml for np++)

all settings for the shaders are atm defaults.

Error messages when opening a game using the psx fx shader
[Image: error1.png]
then
[Image: error2.png]
This are GSdx shaders, for GSdx. You use Pete's OGL2 shaders... for Pete's OGL2. I would've thought that to be clear.

For Pete's OGL2 shaders, you go to its own old thread HERE.
(04-23-2013, 04:21 AM)KrossX Wrote: [ -> ]This are GSdx shaders, for GSdx. You use Pete's OGL2 shaders... for Pete's OGL2. I would've thought that to be clear.

For Pete's OGL2 shaders, you go to its own old thread HERE.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Custom-Sh...#pid287654
^ dis

since that post was in this thread, and there was no mention of a thread from that post on where post things to do with that specific shader :3

if there is a thread for this specific shader somewhere, and it wasnt supposed to be discussed in this thread, then ill gladly move it to there and delete that one above.

but from perspective, it is quite funny, since someone did JUST post about petes shaders a few posts back and its completely not related (or that is was misunderstood on which shaders you are supposed to use for pcsx2 or something), and you were the one to reply to it.
i can almost feel the /sigh from beyond the monitor coming from you as you seen my thread w/o understanding the context of it.
I certainly don't remember it being a PSX thing, I must have overlooked it. Some of us sleep very little if at all, and that has its consequences. Tongue2

Yes, now I agree with your first sentence about that it should've been in another thread. It would be a place to receive specific feedback and it would avoid the shader to be burried in this thread. PM Asmodean and tell him to do something about it. Wink
(04-23-2013, 05:28 AM)KrossX Wrote: [ -> ]I certainly don't remember it being a PSX thing, I must have overlooked it. Some of us sleep very little if at all, and that has its consequences. Tongue2

Yes, now I agree with your first sentence about that it should've been in another thread. It would be a place to receive specific feedback and it would avoid the shader to be burried in this thread. PM Asmodean and tell him to do something about it. Wink

ya np lol

I was looking for pcsx2 shaders, and in his siggy he has a link to http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Custom-Sh...#pid288516 which is the pcsx2 shader, and in that post he puts a link the the PSX shader, and i seen in later posts he said the psx shader was alot better then his ps2 shader, and after using the ps2 shader, i wanted the ps1 shader lol

but ya i guess ill pm him about it
Hi filenotfound,

In case you and him make it working, could you please post in this thread as well? I want to use PSX shader too. Smile I'm using a 7870 and it doesn't work.
(04-24-2013, 11:53 AM)xemnas99 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi filenotfound,

In case you and him make it working, could you please post in this thread as well? I want to use PSX shader too. Smile I'm using a 7870 and it doesn't work.

Well i havent gotten a reply to pm yet, and his profile says
"last visited 04-18-2013 12:36 AM"
so its likely he hasnt been on since i sent it to him.

in the pm i asked him if he wanted to make a post about it over at ngemu, since that has a more active section for psx emulation then here, since this is specifically for pcsx2 >.>
(but there is a gsdx plugin for psx emus Tongue)

id rather let him start the thread for it.
But ill let you know if anything develops.

Hmm maybe i should actually post something on topic...
ummm.. ummm...

the gsdx shader does cause slow downs, even if you turn off the AA in the shader itself.
Its likely not noticeable in high end cards, but since i have a lower end mobile card (1GB 128bit GDDR3 7670M), even disabling the AA pass, the bloom pass, and per pixel lighting, i still see a drop in fps in some areas of some games.
i see as much as a 10% drop sometimes. (from full speed 58-60 to like 50-56).
(also im using 2x native resolution and the widescreen hack at 1366x768 resolution, tho its in windowed mode and maximized, so id say the actual size is smaller).

if you could do a few performance tweaks to it that would be cool, but id say try not to too much sacrifice quality on it. (an impossible conundrum i know Tongue)
Where i have to put Shader file?Biggrin
(05-17-2013, 09:39 PM)LOPAO Wrote: [ -> ]Where i have to put Shader file?Biggrin

The path that you installed PCSX2.