..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Custom Shaders for GSdx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-24-2013, 06:12 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: [ -> ]If I start doing what your doing I will never finish the games I start playing, And I already get side tracked with the games I play by either starting the game over or starting a completely different game and forget what I was doing in the other.

One way or another Makes it all look nice

I'm always doing that lately lol. I did finish The Last of Us, there recently though. That game is amazing imo, definitely recommend it to anyone who loves a well designed game, with a great story.

Anyway, enjoy the shaders, hopefully they make your Ps2 games a bit more enjoyable to play Wink
XenoSaga2
[attachment=44696]

[attachment=44697]
1.30b

[attachment=44698]
No shader

1.30b is slightly darker other then that i dont see much diffrent graphicly Looks good either way
It's darker because the contrast curve used (in options) is 10 (catmull rom) in 1.30b I think, I must of had it on for testing. It was 12(Bezier spline) in 1.20

If you want change it back, go into the settings file and go to the contrast settings, and change them to;

change CurvesContrast from 0.20, to 0.50
change CurvesFormula from 10, to 12

Here are some On/Off comparison screens, while I'm here.

Just a random screenshot from FFXII (they're pretty bad, and compressed lol)

Save, and view in full screen
Off
[attachment=44700]

On
[attachment=44701]
I actual like it, Was never fan of anything washed out colors
(06-23-2013, 03:31 AM)Asmodean Wrote: [ -> ][...]

If KrossX reads this, any chance of you making the fxaa vertex shader also external?, I'll /highfive you, if you do >.<

I don't think the post process vertex shader would have anything of value other than having position offsets. If you mean to have depth data, then my guess would be to just make a depth buffer accessible from the fragment shader. How to do that? No idea. How to do that in GSdx? Even more clueless. Tongue
(06-25-2013, 11:17 PM)KrossX Wrote: [ -> ]... to just make a depth buffer accessible from the fragment shader. How to do that? No idea. How to do that in GSdx? Even more clueless. Tongue

really? i'm impressed. Ninja
Meanie! Sad
(06-25-2013, 11:17 PM)KrossX Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think the post process vertex shader would have anything of value other than having position offsets. If you mean to have depth data, then my guess would be to just make a depth buffer accessible from the fragment shader. How to do that? No idea. How to do that in GSdx? Even more clueless. Tongue

It was to finish my light attenuation shader, need access to the vertex shader. All these fancy effects do little, without attenuation to tie them together. It's fine no worries. Tongue

I don't have the environment setup atm to even try (no visual studio)

edit: typos
(06-26-2013, 01:23 AM)KrossX Wrote: [ -> ]Meanie! Sad

Closedeyes don't cry... think.

no idea? come on. it's damn easy. second rendertarget and write the depth in there and just add it as a sampler to the postprocessing shader. i look at gsdx code like a mess too, but... could you implement it? Wink
KrossX, mind if I adapt your bloom shader, into PCSX2Fx?. Was testing it there, on a few of my games, and it's vastly superior to the current bloom I'm using lol. Will include full credits to you, of course.