..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Custom Shaders for GSdx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think it would great if there GUI for shader setting in PCSX2 Atlest for your shader seeing it like 5 in 1. Think it would be even greater to have the ability to select what custom shader you want to use in PCSX2 instead of having to shut it down and move files around. Out of curiosity the default setting in the Shader you use for your screen shots are same setting in zip up shader correct?

But yah I would love to see GUI option with in pcsx for your shader well if that is what you saying anyway seeing I have tendency to read things wrong some time hahah

BTW your PS shader. Will it work with EPSXE 1.70? and Pete opengl 2 PLugin? I dont even know what is the best PS emulator any more i been using EpsxE for so long and PEte opengl2 Actual after looking again where did it go? I thought there was one for PS emulators
(07-06-2013, 07:14 PM)Asmodean Wrote: [ -> ].... Dunno if anyone would even be interested though tbh, apart from myself lol

Seems like every time you say that, you're wrong. ;P

You've created a great "standard" shader for PCSX2, and a GUI is just what it needs to go main-stream IMHO. Smile
I agree with rezard
i actual vote that this shader be come default shader for PCSX2 with a GUI to change it settings as the FXAA in this is far superior to the default one anyway.
There's one problem though. VS express doesn't have a resource editor. Making any sort of proper dialog/GUI manually, would be insanely painful lol.

I tried giving ResEdit a go, but had no joy with it thus far. If anyone has any suggestions, lemme know Smile

-----------------------------------------------
Edit: Until I can make decent UI for it, I'm going to try integrate it into GSdx's ini file for a test, I may need some advice from KrossX, or one of the devs though.

Basically, in theory it's just;

replace the fixed shader define option values for variables;
set them via SetConfig() to GSdx.ini with a default val;
in the fxaa compilation GetConfig() for the values, and add a macro to CompileShader(); ?

I'm sure I'm forgetting something Tongue
sadly i dont know programing of any sort. Maybe one of the emulator coders could help?
(03-16-2013, 05:35 PM)Asmodean Wrote: [ -> ]OT but, I'm looking for some testers for my latest shader. It's a PSX emu ubershader.

Current effects:
  • NFAA - Normal Filter Anti Aliasing
  • SSAA - Shader-Based SuperSampling
  • FXAA - HQ Fast Approximate Anti Aliasing
  • 2DAA - 2DAA Interpolation Smoothing
  • Luma Sharpening
  • HDR Luma/Color Correction
  • HDR Bloom
  • HDR Tonemapping
  • Dynamic Contrast
  • Intelli Vibrance
  • Point Light Attenuation
  • Toon Shader
  • Dithering
  • BiCubic Texture Filter
  • BiLinear Texture Filter

These are all done in GLSL with pseudo passes, so they can all be used together, or independently of each other.

I've only been able to test it so far, on Nvidia, so I'm especially looking for some AMD users.

I'll probably port it for GSdx at some point.

Anyway, Link: PsxFX v1.0

Feedback is most welcome.

Above shader updated (link also updated);

[Release Notes #1 18/03/2013]
  • Fixed clamping issues with the luma/color correction. (black negative values for certain luma colors) - status: Fixed
  • Added Point Light Attenuation, light map (testing)
  • Amended the Dither color bit values, should now have better coverage.
----------------------------------------
Edit:

I've just re-uploaded the shader archive, because I just noticed I included the wrong XML file for the user language for Notepad++ -.-

I knew that there was one you did. Final found it after all this time would see i ask about this while ago and completely forgot about it, I like the Shader sadly it dont smooth out text in game to well like 2xsal smart or AA 2.0 bloom. Is there setting in there that would help with this? Other wise Other parts of it are great.
That's actually a pretty old version. I haven't uploaded any of the newer versions I worked on, because there were some problems with them compiling on AMD cards(I always seem always have cross compatibility problems with glsl), and I couldn't be bothered to try debug it yet.

Those filters, just blur the whole screen though, is why the text is so smooth. Have you tried enabling the GPU plugin texture filtering?.

You could try turning off the sharpening, and mess about with the fxaa settings.

Or, try the 2DAA. It can look weird in 3d games tho.
Let's see your version of some scanlines in your shader mang xD

Scanlines, Scanline opacity, and the ability for them to look the exact same no matter the resolution Wink
(07-09-2013, 06:37 PM)Asmodean Wrote: [ -> ]That's actually a pretty old version. I haven't uploaded any of the newer versions I worked on, because there were some problems with them compiling on AMD cards(I always seem always have cross compatibility problems with glsl), and I couldn't be bothered to try debug it yet.

Those filters, just blur the whole screen though, is why the text is so smooth. Have you tried enabling the GPU plugin texture filtering?.

You could try turning off the sharpening, and mess about with the fxaa settings.

Or, try the 2DAA. It can look weird in 3d games tho.

Yah,I treid all the setting NSAA,FXAA,SSAA Sprite_interpolation all 1 at a time 3d looks nice but 2 text is terrible in comparison to AA2.0bloom or 2xsal smart side note i find this more confusing to config then pcsx2fx Or so i think i set them right as i did do what read info said in side the slv/slf files and tried them all 1 at time after saving

btw i use Nvidia card 660gtx