..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Custom Shaders for GSdx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-12-2013, 02:15 PM)Koji Wrote: [ -> ]This. It's exactly the same as trying to turn an SD video into an HD one. Sure you can scale it up, but the best you can do is apply filters which will mask the pixelation (at the cost of bluring to one degree or another). A filter will never be able to add detail to where there isn't one.

Thanks A lot For Reply My Question dear friend...
I Found the answer for " Jagged Character " on 2D Games...,I found it on First Page and Pick ( Download ) " Guest AA 2o UnDaisy Scan " ..,and..,Tada............,like Arcade 2D Game It Like .
PS : Never Give up and learn something new...,for maximum satisfaction.
Was wondering if anyone had gotten around to making a 2xSai shader? By far the best shader for 16-bit systems, and I expect it to be great for purely 2D games on PCSX2.
(08-14-2013, 09:20 AM)vgrageaholic Wrote: [ -> ]Was wondering if anyone had gotten around to making a 2xSai shader? By far the best shader for 16-bit systems, and I expect it to be great for purely 2D games on PCSX2.

is ps2 16bit? I think the best shader is crt scanline 25% since ps2 is designed to crt.
Hi folks im running sweet fx on pcsx-r5350 build with the gsdx cutie 5705m avx plugin and im trying to get scanlines on gradius v but its not happening has anyone got a method for it ?thanks Blush
(09-05-2013, 03:27 PM)cavefan Wrote: [ -> ]Hi folks im running sweet fx on pcsx-r5350 build with the gsdx cutie 5705m avx plugin and im trying to get scanlines on gradius v but its not happening has anyone got a method for it ?thanks Blush

gsdx cutie is a modified build not supported here.
ask gsdx cutie creator if you want support
Asmodean is it possibable to add a slight scanline filter to your already great pcsx2fx? Been toying with scanlines filter in higan emulator been wonder how it would look combined with your filter and ps2 games
Has anyone come up with a good CRT shader, like not one that looks like a really old CRT with curved edges, but rather more like the later-model ones with the really sharp pictures and the squared-off screens? I used to have a TV like that and it was really awesome for standard def consoles like the PS2 and even the N64 when used with S-Video.
(08-14-2013, 09:20 AM)vgrageaholic Wrote: [ -> ]Was wondering if anyone had gotten around to making a 2xSai shader? By far the best shader for 16-bit systems, and I expect it to be great for purely 2D games on PCSX2.

+1, Have always wanted this.

Would bring life to old 2D side scrollers/fighting games that look nasty on bigger displays. Bunch of SNES/MAME/GB emulators have a range of filters like hqx and xbr which look even better, but I would gladly settle for 2xSai at this rate. Please don't mention scan lines, forcing texture filtering or AA, they don't do much in this case.
I can look into it, when I've got some extra time, but there are a few problems with those types with this;

1: Those types of Interpolation filters generally don't look well at higher resolutions. They're perfect for older games on such systems as you've mentioned, but they don't work well on PS2, and above. Not to mention that sprite-oriented games are such a minority on PS2 as well.
2: They're also better off when done internally with C, they usually look quite diminished looking when done in post shading.

I actually have a more recent version of pcsx2fx done up a while back, which I had gotten the pseudo per-pixel lighting working on the default gsdx. But, I didn't upload it as I haven't tested it much.

Also, OT but I only just noticed that Durante has used my SSAO shader changes in the new version of DSfix for Dark Souls. I was only just thinking of replaying DkS, I think it's a sign Ohmy >.<
(10-20-2013, 08:07 PM)Asmodean Wrote: [ -> ]I can look into it, when I've got some extra time, but there are a few problems with those types with this;

1: Those types of Interpolation filters generally don't look well at higher resolutions. They're perfect for older games on such systems as you've mentioned, but they don't work well on PS2, and above. Not to mention that sprite-oriented games are such a minority on PS2 as well.
2: They're also better off when done internally with C, they usually look quite diminished looking when done in post shading.

I actually have a more recent version of pcsx2fx done up a while back, which I had gotten the pseudo per-pixel lighting working on the default gsdx. But, I didn't upload it as I haven't tested it much.

Also, OT but I only just noticed that Durante has used my SSAO shader changes in the new version of DSfix for Dark Souls. I was only just thinking of replaying DkS, I think it's a sign Ohmy >.<

1. Fair point, but there are (subjectively!) classics among the few Tongue

2. Did not consider this, but it makes sense. Any examples of what it might look like? Would more modern filters like HQx and xBR(z) fare any better?

Thanks Smile