..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Custom Shaders for GSdx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-21-2013, 06:58 AM)vertigo145 Wrote: [ -> ]1. Fair point, but there are (subjectively!) classics among the few Tongue

2. Did not consider this, but it makes sense. Any examples of what it might look like? Would more modern filters like HQx and xBR(z) fare any better?

Thanks Smile

I (briefly) done up/ported a few of the scale filters a while back. I can't actually remember how many of them I've done at the moment (they're scattered about this thread, but I did delete some of them, at some point because I wasn't happy with them). But, there's a hastily ported xBR filter here. You can try that out if you'd like. It was a while back though, and I didn't spend much time on optimization or anything like that, it's just a straight port from OGL.
(10-21-2013, 09:12 PM)Asmodean Wrote: [ -> ]I (briefly) done up/ported a few of the scale filters a while back. I can't actually remember how many of them I've done at the moment (they're scattered about this thread, but I did delete some of them, at some point because I wasn't happy with them). But, there's a hastily ported xBR filter here. You can try that out if you'd like. It was a while back though, and I didn't spend much time on optimization or anything like that, it's just a straight port from OGL.

Don't know how I missed that, google failed me :o

But after testing it, you're right, unfortunately the difference with the shader on/off is rather minimal as far as sprites go (in MvC 2 anyway). I'm guessing the solution here is implementing it internally as you mentioned?
So to all the shader coders here: How likely is a nice CRT emulation shader with the current GSdx capabilities? Tongue2
We have a thread here where someone got good results using sweetfx.
The best results I've seen so far are achieved on retroarch, with a 4 pass shader. (The single pass ones were also nice.)
(10-22-2013, 01:09 PM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]So to all the shader coders here: How likely is a nice CRT emulation shader with the current GSdx capabilities? Tongue2
We have a thread here where someone got good results using sweetfx.
The best results I've seen so far are achieved on retroarch, with a 4 pass shader. (The single pass ones were also nice.)

I would love for Asmodean to add a CRT shader to his all in one shader i asked about this few post back too
Isn't it a good idea to be able to place all shaders in a "shader" folder and have PageUp cycle through them on the fly?

That way you could choose the better/preferable shader quickly (depending on the game you are playing).
I'm not really a fan of CRT effects myself. But, seeing as people keep asking for one. I've upped PCSX2Fx v2.0 below for testing, which I've added a CRT Emulation effect tonight, while working a bit on it.

I'll add a full change log whenever I upload it to the PCSX2Fx OP. For now here is a short highlight list.
  • Added CRT emulation effect (It's disabled by default, so open up the settings and enable it if you want to use) Read effect description in settings file.
  • Added Pseudo Per-pixel Lighting, which now works with default builds of GSdx
  • Updated Gamma Correction, Color Correction, and Sharpening
  • Overall small coding optimizations, should increase speed with multiple/all effects enabled.

Some testing & feedback would be nice. Especially for the CRT shader, as I don't use those myself.

Link:[attachment=46313]
A line thickness option and a option to turn on/off the color behind the lines should be added. As of right now, the lines are on the thick and too bold side. Here is how scanlines are supposed to appear without the crt color behind it (as reference):
Thanks for the feedback. I've added a few more options to the CRT shader (CRT Effect color, scanline color, density etc), in the above post. It's actually pretty difficult to get the scanline effect to output properly for all internal resolutions, as there is no real fixed output res for PCSX2, everyone uses a different IR scale, so it makes it difficult to tune it. That will have to do for now anyway, as it's mad late here, and I'm off to bed.
Okay, cool. Scanline size option should help with that (with getting it to the right thickness with whomever's IR size). What would also help is having us to be able to have separate crt settings for hardware and then software (native). That way we can tune it for hardware and then tune it for software and when we have the need to switch to software mode, it will automatically still look correct. Currently they grow in size when the rez is lessened.

Think you can give us separate hardware/software crt settings (they would be the same exact options except one set would be hardware and one software)?
(07-09-2013, 06:37 PM)Asmodean Wrote: [ -> ]That's actually a pretty old version. I haven't uploaded any of the newer versions I worked on, because there were some problems with them compiling on AMD cards(I always seem always have cross compatibility problems with glsl), and I couldn't be bothered to try debug it yet.
Hopefully, it will work with AMD cards someday. If you want me to help test anything, please let me know. I'm using an AMD card. It should work with ePSXe, right?

(07-16-2013, 11:44 PM)Asmodean Wrote: [ -> ]The GPU plugin I use is GPUBladeSoft (edgbla's Software Rendering Plugin). It's quite slow in anything other than native res, in a lot of games, but it's also by far the most accurate PSX gpu plugin available, and has a lot of nice features.

Thanks. This is by far the best software plugin I have tried.