..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Custom Shaders for GSdx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Forgot to ask in the last post, Would you say i should keep 2DAA off for 2d/3d games and or full 3d games with a 2d hud?

Also just got an error saying i was "missing custom file" any ideas?
(11-05-2013, 11:39 PM)Asmodean Wrote: [ -> ]Ok. I re-upped the one above, if you would like to try it. I've no idea why it doesn't work for you, to be perfectly honest xD. I tested it in ePSXe, PCSXR, Pete's OGL2, gpuBladeSoft, and ShaderDesigner. I think OGL2Texture is an internal uniform name, just like OGL2Size. GSdx has a few also, one being _rcpFrame.

It's working now. Thank you.
(11-06-2013, 03:10 AM)hellbringer616 Wrote: [ -> ]Forgot to ask in the last post, Would you say i should keep 2DAA off for 2d/3d games and or full 3d games with a 2d hud?

Try them out and see which you like best. 2DAA will 'work' in 3d games, but it will look err bad. I just added TXFAA today. It's good for 2d/3d mixed games. Like 2DAA it also needs to be set to 1 in the vertex shader. Try each out and see what you like.

I've added so many AA types because some types look better for different games. I've only FXAA for the PS2 version, because the rest are redundant for PS2 games, especially when upscaled.

Opinions will differ, but generally because of the lack of a real Z buffer, PS games don't upscale well, vertex jitter gets crazy. So I keep it PSX games generally at 2x scale for 3D games, and native for 2D games, and try to use solid AA methods instead.

(11-06-2013, 03:10 AM)hellbringer616 Wrote: [ -> ]Also just got an error saying i was "missing custom file" any ideas?
Edit: What gave you an error?

Edit:
(11-06-2013, 03:17 AM)xemnas99 Wrote: [ -> ]It's working now. Thank you.

Sweet...finally >.<

Thanks for testing.
From this image, does CRT emulation work correctly?
[attachment=46513]
(11-06-2013, 03:25 AM)xemnas99 Wrote: [ -> ]From this image, does CRT emulation work correctly?

Wtf Blink

No that's not working correctly.

Urgh, what plugin/settings are you using? and I try single out the problem
Pete's OpenGL2. Desktop resolution is 1280 x 1024. gpuBladeSoft 1.42 gives a lot nicer result as follows:
[attachment=46514]
That's what it's supposed to look like. So it's not working on pete's plugin? I just tried it here and it works for me on both O.o

Edit: I can't reproduce it, tried changing the res, plugin settings etc
Sorry thought it was implied, epsxe gave me the error when trying to use your plugins. In my pc running a gtx 680
(11-06-2013, 03:43 AM)Asmodean Wrote: [ -> ]That's what it's supposed to look like. So it's not working on pete's plugin? I just tried it here and it works for me on both O.o

Edit: I can't reproduce it, tried changing the res, plugin settings etc

It occurs when Internal Y resolution is Very High or Ultra High.

Internal Y resolution High:
[attachment=46518]

Internal Y resolution Very High:
[attachment=46519]

Internal Y resolution Ultra High:
[attachment=46520]
(11-06-2013, 04:58 AM)hellbringer616 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry thought it was implied, epsxe gave me the error when trying to use your plugins. In my pc running a gtx 680

If you're using pete's OpenGL 2.9 plugin, did you take the shaders out of the PsxFX folder, and put them into the shaders root directory. Or else Pete's won't find them. That's the only related thing I can see remotely giving that error.

(11-06-2013, 05:09 AM)xemnas99 Wrote: [ -> ]It occurs when Internal Y resolution is Very High or Ultra High.

Internal Y resolution High:

Internal Y resolution Very High:

Internal Y resolution Ultra High:

I still can't get it to happen for me. It's obviously affected by the internal scaing, but I've tried changing mine, plus the parts of the code that would generate that, and it still can't get it to happen.

If you really want, you can go to line #931 of the fragment shader .slf and look for these;

vec2 TextureSize = OGL2Size.xy;
vec2 InputSize = vec2(320.0f, 240.0f);
vec2 OutputSize = vec2(800.0f, 600.0f);

and mess about with the x/y sizes, you could also change TextureSize = OGL2Size.xy, to TextureSize = vec2(1024, 512); <- where 1024, and 512 are just examples