..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Custom Shaders for GSdx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The PCSX2Fx shader should work in GSdx on epsxe. For pete's OGL2, or gpuBladeSoft, you can use the PsxFX one.

I should have an update for the shaders due by next week. Some bugs/updates I've been meaning to get done on this that I've sorted in others.
Loving your pcsx2fx 2.0 it has all the shader functions i looking for makes my games look great
Was something changed with PCSX2 to disable FXAA? Now when I press PgUp it tries to load custom shaders instead

For the record I do have fxaa and hacks enabled in the ini
pgup always turned FXAA and or any custom shader on/off....
Hi,

I'm having some problems running the shaders as pressing page up only blurs the image slightly (with shader.fx in the root folder OR without).

Let me list out exactly what I've done:
  1. Install PCSX 1.0.0
  2. Place shader.fx in the root folder (in my case D:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0 where "pcsx2-r5350.exe" is located)
  3. Run "pcsx2-r5350.exe"
  4. Load iso and launch (tried Dragon Quest XIII and FFXII)
  5. Load up save state with F3
  6. Toggle page up (confirmation message appears in console window "GSdx:fxaa is now enable/disabled").
I have also changed the scaling from native to 4x, but have tried disabling it without any changes to the end result.

Is there some step I'm doing wrong or missing?

Thanks.

EDIT: Hey I found out I just didn't have the right SVN installed. I downloaded the latest one and it works now!
Hi, I new and i'm asking you for your help.

I'm trying to emulate Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Capcom vs SNK 2. My problem is that the characters looks pixeleted, and i've been looking for a way to fix that.

The backgrounds look amazing (3D), I'm using a upscale 6X, i have a good graphic card, and the PCSX2Fx from Asmodean, thanks by the way. But my problem is that the characters (2D) looks not so great, I'm playing in a 60 in TV so this is issue for me.

So i've read that the pcsx2 doesn't work with filters like HQ2xS, which i use in others emulators and make the characters looks so great in my opinion.

I'd appreciated if could give some advices for what options do I have.

Thanks in advance.
(12-17-2013, 04:59 PM)Lukin Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I new and i'm asking you for your help.

I'm trying to emulate Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Capcom vs SNK 2. My problem is that the characters looks pixeleted, and i've been looking for a way to fix that.

The backgrounds look amazing (3D), I'm using a upscale 6X, i have a good graphic card, and the PCSX2Fx from Asmodean, thanks by the way. But my problem is that the characters (2D) looks not so great, I'm playing in a 60 in TV so this is issue for me.

So i've read that the pcsx2 doesn't work with filters like HQ2xS, which i use in others emulators and make the characters looks so great in my opinion.

I'd appreciated if could give some advices for what options do I have.

Thanks in advance.

Unless somebody makes a shader that looks like when texture filtering is turned on, converts a dolphin shader I hacked and slashed together, or separates the window resolution from the internal resolution, we are stuck with ugly textures.
(12-17-2013, 05:41 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Unless somebody makes a shader that looks like when texture filtering is turned on, converts a dolphin shader I hacked and slashed together, or separates the window resolution from the internal resolution, we are stuck with ugly textures.

Unsure
Sadly with 2d games there isn't much you can do, and pcsx2FX isn't nearly as advanced as PcsxFX or DolphinFX (both written by Asmodean) sadly you don't get the advanced options, i think thats due to lack of depth buffer access or how GSDX works.

Though he said on the dolphin forums he plans to update both his other shaders to reflect his advancement with DolphinFX
(For the small few who care) I did indeed say I would update the other two, with the improvements implemented into the Dolphin Version. I've been doing some work on PCSX2's shaders.

It takes so long because; A: I can only work on it when I've got the time, and B: It takes quite a while longer to do things with so many constraints. About 75% of the time I spend when writing shaders for emus, is trying to find ways around problems getting effects to output as intended. I don't mean PCSX2 specifically here, I mean emulation in general.

People generally aren't all that interested in emu post processing. This is typically part of the reasoning why there aren't any real post processing frameworks done for console emulation. Hence you get the same generic scaling filters you see for console emus with any post processing support, because trying to do more than this is quite the pain.

I'll have to maybe try talk with KrossX or rama, If I do up a patch for using the vertex shader externally. I've done my best to keep everything done in the pixel shader, so I wouldn't have to be doing custom builds for my shaders.

There are also some scaling issues that prevent me from doing effects based on the input res of a game. Such as some scaling filter types, and scanlines that won't shift about the place when altering the IR.

edit: forgot to mention I've not been on my own system for about 2 weeks also.

Disclaimer: this ended up a bit of a rant, but this is not complaining, simply an attempt at an explanation ; )