..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Custom Shaders for GSdx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just tested it on my brother's gtx 260 (d3d10) card, same as the one giving the runtime error, and it works perfectly.

------------
Edit: rama, I noticed a problem. I hadn't written this shader to work with d3d9 (d3d10 or greater, only). So it's going to crash the plugin for anyone with a (reeealy old) card that doesn't support SM 4.0 or higher.

I'm not at home at the moment, to add some d3d9 functionality for it, but I've attached a version below that will check if the GPU supports > then SM 3.0 before running the shader, else it will simply output a sampled color. For the time being. It will prevent anyone with an old dx9 only card from crashing.

OR, you could just put the original fxaa code inside the #else at the end, and it would use the previous fxaa shader for anyone with d3d9/ogl, for the moment.
Kudus to Asmodean for finally have your shader made the defualt shader for pcsx2 as of 5793 svn
ogl don t use fx files directly but an header (.h) copy. So fxaa is still present for ogl.
Gona hold off on using the newer svn with your shader included as there seem to be no way to edit the effect of the shader effect or i just missing somthing
It will work the same as before, if you have shader.fx in the pcsx2 root folder. This will only take effect if there is no external shader present.
(01-05-2014, 10:17 PM)Asmodean Wrote: [ -> ]It will work the same as before, if you have shader.fx in the pcsx2 root folder. This will only take effect if there is no external shader present.

i see so if i have shader.fx and pcsx2fx.setting in root it will over ride the internal verison still?

I also seen they trying to make it configable threw pcsx2 at some point?
I committed too quickly it seems Tongue2
First of all I assume there's a problem with dx9 support:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-runtime-e...#pid339386

Then I'm not sure what to do about OGl. Maybe disable it for now.
Don't worry about ogl. I don't use fx file but glsl_source.h instead which still contains the old fxaa. However I need to update a linux script to avoid the regeneration of glsl_source.h with the new fxaa for the release! I would look at it tomorrow Wink
The OP with that error was (according to the screenshot of GSdx) was running d3d10 though, so that error is weird.

I already have an OGL version of the whole thing, at home, I don't know if gregory wants it or not. I'll have to do up some conditionals for SM3, for sampling and a few other functions.
My concern is the opengl driver status on linux, driver are buggy as hell and uncomplete (free opensource driver). By the way do you have a list of the gl extension needed ? And which glsl version did you use?