..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Custom Shaders for GSdx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We could do it like that. I didn't ask for opinions when deciding to make it internal Tongue2
personal i rather it stays external and get bundled in by default, unless a means of making the config changes to the shader are done threw the gsdx config. I would like gui to change the setting for for this as it would make changing things on fly much easier , But seeing as i been using it external and editing the PCSX2Fx_Settings to my liking all this time it dont mater to me
For some reason GSdx9 seems to just hate this shader. It doesn't perform satisfactory with d3d9 GSdx imo. I have a version of this running on the eFX injector, for Dark Souls(d3d9), and it compiles/runs perfectly fine. It also works fine with GSdx10/11 (compilation/run speed). It seems to take an inordinate amount of time to compile this via d3d9 on GSdx. If you test vs d3d10 or higher, it only takes a fraction of the time.

I dunno, I can't look into it right now, but I'm not all that confident that this should be used at all for d3d9. Maybe the old FXAA shader should be kept for that, and mine used for d3d10+ and ogl, if gregory wants the glsl version etc. I'll look into it when I'm back home, Wednesday. I've a feeling it's a particular code section that's causing it. If so, that doesn't really explain why it doesn't happen with GSdx10 or higher.

Edit: another note/reminder for myself: It takes just as long for GSdx9 to compile the shader with a single effect enabled, as it does with all enabled - which would indicate something isn't right.. I have conditionals setup to bypass the code area not enabled at the top.
Would be great if its was commited as a internal shader (swich by pressing F7) with editable configs at GSDX.ini
So that way we could use 2 shaders at the same time...can you imagine the eye candy?

Asmodean's Internal shader for Bilinear,Bicubic,Gaussian,HDR and then some other External shader for FXAA/Antialiasing.
Is the shaderfx.config file gona return after this verison is done being tested? I wasnt sure if shaderfx.config files was working right so i just removed it and started editing from the shader.fx file
Also, how's the 'permanent' F7 toggle option coming along?

(puts up flame shield)

xD
Yep you can send me your shader, I will see if I can integrate it.
Yagyu: These wouldn't work well compiled where the f7 shaders are compiled. They're done before scaling is handled. Most of mine need to take scaling into account, or you'd get native texture sizes for the effects no matter what IR you picked, and it would look ridiculous.

Also, It would make more sense to have an fxaa implementation compiled internally (seperately from other effects), and other effects like mine compiled externally. They would work much better if the fxaa was compiled in a different pass than the rest. Preferably after everything else. I might have a look at doing it myself, if I can.

tsunami2311: Yes. As I mentioned here, I will be adding my own external updates back to the original shader OP, with their own settings file, when I feel I've gotten enough feedback. Which I haven't btw. 99.9% of people who download it, don't provide any lol.

edit:
gregory: Sure, I'll send it to you when I'm home.
It would be possible to separate up your fx, so just the FXAA shader is triggered by the switch (this would probably speed up the compile time also) then have seperate options for the other fx under a sub menu, kind of like the SweetFX.
refraction: That would work far better overall tbh. The fxaa should be outputting after gamma correction, and tone mapping etc is done. But, because I've to do fxaa in the same pass as the rest, I've to output the fxaa first, because that's the one directly outputting a sampled texture object (you can only directly bind a sampled texture to a color output once per pass). If I tried to output the fxaa last, anything before it wouldn't be displayed.

Same as if I tried binding any of the other outputs directly to a sampled tex after fxaa. The fxaa, or anything else before it wouldn't output. This is also why you can't use any of the filters along with the fxaa.