..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Custom Shaders for GSdx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
yeah i guess i should do that.

out line:
but... still... what is the official compiled with? do i need to update to vs2013 for my own build cause the compiler does incompatible code on the same source code. this' sorta bogus. Wink
I've separated the fxaa, and post processing console messages, and hotkeys now. I'm only testing it, but atm I have the fxaa being toggled with the usual pgup key, and the console displays: FXAA anti-aliasing is now enabled/disabled, and the external shader is toggled with the home key, and the console displays: External post-processing is now enabled/disabled.

I'm adding a var to the gsdx ini called shaderfx. So it's not relying on the fxaa option in the ini like it is now.

How do ye(pcsx2 coders, I mean) feel about this?

Edit: Update: added a checkbox in the GSdx dialog, called FX Shader.
We (I) feel we need to come to a conclusion here, so that you only need to update your shader in it's own "shader.fx" and so that people can toggle the option via GSdx settings.
Sounds to me like what you currently have, Asmodean Tongue2

dabore: Stick to one compiler for the entire project and there should be no issues. Most in the team use 2013 now.
Here's a build if you'd like to test it rama : )

I was going to call it External Shader, or whatnot, but it was too long, and was being cut off xD
(01-15-2014, 04:13 PM)Asmodean Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a build if you'd like to test it rama : )

I was going to call it External Shader, or whatnot, but it was too long, and was being cut off xD

Some kinda plugin failure: C:\...\plugins\GSdx32-SSE2.dll Tongue
Any VC runtimes i need specifically?
Hmm, It was compiled with visual studio 2013. So you probably need the 2013 runtimes/redist. do you have them installed already?

Edit: I only have VS 2012 & 2013 express atm.
Yea that was it. Pageup and Home keys don't print anything on the console here, in either dx9 or dx10 hardware modes. Can't tell if the shader works or not tho (these small improvements always are almost unnoticeable in my eye Tongue )
Sad It works fine here for me lol

Here's a screen of the console after me pressing the hotkeys a few times each:

[attachment=48189]

Do the checkboxes work for you? Try the bloom shader below, so it's more apparent, when its toggled on/off

[attachment=48190]
Yeah checkboxes work, home and Pageupalso work. Console still shows nothing Tongue What kind of logging to you have enabled on it?
I think that maybe a random bug I've seen myself a few times. No idea what it is though. When I'm debugging my shaders - sometimes there will be no debug output for errors in the console, and I've to restart the emu a few times to get it working.

I'm using the same as the original fxaa console logging output. The code is below for the fxaa, and shader toggle console print;

Code:
case VK_PRIOR:
            m_fxaa = !m_fxaa;
            printf("GSdx: FXAA anti-aliasing is now %s.\n", m_fxaa ? "enabled" : "disabled");
            return;
case VK_HOME:
            m_shaderfx = !m_shaderfx;
            printf("GSdx: External post-processing is now %s.\n", m_shaderfx ? "enabled" : "disabled");
            return;