..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Custom Shaders for GSdx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Regarding the UI: Yes. That's only because of the different compiler versions. This is only a test build for it. it should be committed, when testing is done, so you can get it off of the build bot.
---
Regarding the FXAA: The way it's done - I only have edge AA enabled. So there is no blurring with subpixel filtering. If I end up doing some dialog related options for changing the FXAA settings, you can change this later on.

It will be less noticeable the higher your internal rendered resolution is (like virtually all antialiasing). I usually use my own native resolution (2560x1440) for games that prefer custom res, and 4x scale for games that prefer integral scaling. After 4x I think generally the diminishing returns don't weigh up to the cost. Edit: not to mention, I think some games look weird when using too high of an internal res.
Good job!!

I got the latest PCSX2 build and it says r5817 but I opened the PCSX2 from the build shown r5782 instead. Hope that you can take a look at it. Cheers!
That's the build bot, man. I can't do anything about that. It seems to have gone wonky with the version numbers since it reset the svn to 0, or something recently. I noticed it's now also providing double binaries again as well.

It should still be the latest version though. It's probably only a version number mishap. Don't worry about it for now Smile
Alright, thanks. Wink
Asmodean, thanks a lot for your shader work and recent changes. It can really make the look of games better.
I got question with the new SVN 5817 am I reading this right? FXAA shader check in GSDX (pgup) is one layer of FXAA and the ShaderFX in GSDX is separate and that FXAA from that add to the FXAA? so it like have FXAA on twice?

Also is there hotkey to turn ShaderFX on and off like the PGUP for FXAA? as I noticed PGUP no longer enabled or disable the other shaderFX change like before it as it is simple for the interal FXAA?
Yeah. I've separated the GSdx FXAA, and the external post processing shader. both can be enabled, and disabled inside the GSdx options dialog. The toggle hotkeys are: Page Up for FXAA, and HOME for the shader.fx.

So now - you always have the option to use FXAA, and whatever else post processing you'd like to use. EG: Filtering etc, with with the FXAA.

I left the fxaa inside my shader suite, because it acts as a second pass for very high quality and coverage for those who don't want to use the filtering, or whatnot. Basically - if you have FXAA enabled, and fxaa enabled in my shader suite, you will basically have 2x fxaa lol (if your system is strong enough, that is).

hopefully that answered your question?, if not - ask away.
sweet. this makes things so much simpler I Gathering the internal FXAA and the one in the Shader FX the same FXAA then just stack. I looking forward to your AF you testing too

I got around to testing Cel shading in the shader fx, and i got say it makes games like Breath of Fire 5 look that much better. other then have gui settings of the shaderfx which isnt all that needed you have done some great work on this shaderFX
You guys added clutter back to the svn builds. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH........

Why not add Asmo's shader.fx to a shader folder and that way it won't over write a shader that I already have in place. Better yet, why does the shader file have to be named shader? It would be better if you can set a path to use whatever you want so when getting new pcsx2 builds, your configs won't be compromised.
(01-17-2014, 05:13 PM)Asmodean Wrote: [ -> ]That's the build bot, man. I can't do anything about that. It seems to have gone wonky with the version numbers since it reset the svn to 0, or something recently. I noticed it's now also providing double binaries again as well.

It should still be the latest version though. It's probably only a version number mishap. Don't worry about it for now Smile

yes it did the plugins have verison numbers again along with the defualt naming again, which i thought they stop for reason