..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Custom Shaders for GSdx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
But current .fx (and/or settings) would still get overwritten when a person updates to a new svn right?

Beside the fxaa checkbox, you could make a button with three dots in it and when you press it, you can select which file to use like epsxe:

FXAA Shader [ ][...]

Like so. And one could go in the ini and put a relative path to the file also. This way, the .fx doesn't have to be named shader, it could be named anything you want. That could solve the overwrite and the location problem. It would also save some space in the design so that it wouldn't take up alot of room.

Unrelated: The nvidia hack description still has a typo on the word 'need'.
yes. it would.

i will see if i can integrate a file open dialog tomorrow and the settings extended. not today. i'm tired.

edit after edit: exactly. like epsxe. Wink
Awesome
I have a few ideas myself on pcsx2's post processing, that I'll be looking into soon. You've to keep in mind, that excluding the recent updates to the post processing. The implementation hasn't changed much at all since it was first introduced as a patch to use a 'replacement' shader instead of the regular fxaa.
Hi Asmodean,

I've a bad news. I'm not sure but I think after upgrading my Catalyst driver to version 13.12, PsxFx doesn't work anymore.

I get the following errors:
[attachment=48560]
PsxFx as a whole has gotten extremely outdated. I've not updated it with changes made on my other glsl versions in quite a while. I plan on rewriting it, which should get rid of the problems on AMD cards once and for all. I'll update it when I've time, and include it when I add the current version of GSdx FX here.
(12-17-2013, 04:59 PM)dabore Wrote: [ -> ]i will see if i can integrate a file open dialog tomorrow and the settings extended. not today. i'm tired.

edit after edit: exactly. like epsxe. Wink

Any progress?
GSDXFx Has remedy all the shader error that where getting listed in log window that PCSX2FX. Win Win keep up the great work
(02-03-2014, 03:47 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: [ -> ]GSDXFx Has remedy all the shader error that where getting listed in log window that PCSX2FX. Win Win keep up the great work

No worries ^.^

I keep meaning to update my sig with latest version, with new screenshots, and all that, but anytime I think of it I'm too lazy/busy lol.

I should be doing some work on the PP stuff soon anyway. At the very least, I'm going to probably add a file selection dialog for the FX shaders. So people won't override their current shader.fx when updating pcsx2 versions xD.

Be careful, because shader.fx is just inside the root folder of the shipped PCSX2 versions, and if you just extract all and override, it will delete your current shader.fx for the new one.
(02-03-2014, 06:04 AM)Asmodean Wrote: [ -> ]No worries ^.^

I keep meaning to update my sig with latest version, with new screenshots, and all that, but anytime I think of it I'm too lazy/busy lol.

I should be doing some work on the PP stuff soon anyway. At the very least, I'm going to probably add a file selection dialog for the FX shaders. So people won't override their current shader.fx when updating pcsx2 versions xD.

Be careful, because shader.fx is just inside the root folder of the shipped PCSX2 versions, and if you just extract all and override, it will delete your current shader.fx for the new one.

It wasnt in the binary stable release which was the stable version i d/l Snv builds it is in directory. I was gona say gsdxfx version some how made the games to bright/washed out over PCSX2FX then I released i had put on Color Grading. turn it off and all was great again.

Though I had backup of PCSX2FX and GSDX FX in separate directory with default sets i use. I looked at the backup pcsx2fx and notice it didnt have color grading and I some for some reason had it on ins GSDXfx
so I turned it off

I now look forward to your AF addition and new Scaler to GSDX. Sadly i dont really have time test those.

hell I didnt even know we had 1.20 stable and 1.30 svn till and few hours ago