..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Custom Shaders for GSdx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a reminder for myself, to update the shader ini file in svn. Also want to make a note inside saying something like "If the text looks messy or misaligned use another text editor other than regular notepad. Recommended: Notepad++"

It looks bloody horrible when viewed in notepad. Must be tab differences/line endings or something, maybe try spaces only. All my neatness effort going to waste xD
(02-03-2014, 06:24 AM)Asmodean Wrote: [ -> ]Just a reminder for myself, to update the shader ini file in svn. Also want to make a note inside saying something like "If the text looks messy or misaligned use another text editor other than regular notepad. Recommended: Notepad++"

It looks bloody horrible when viewed in notepad. All my neatness effort going to waste xD

eh I use to notepad not have stuff aligned correctly. but i can see how that would bother some people.

like your new avatar. Keep up the great work
Asmodean, do you release your pcsx2fx with your own personalized settings or is it just released with default settings? If it is the first one, show us your settings please. I'd like to try your personalized one out.
I haven't personalised it for anything recently, been busy with other stuff. I generally set it up so it's more or less perceptually neutral changes, and should look fine for most games used with. I give you the tools the customize all the settings you would like to. There is no one config that will look equally great in all games.

Some people (like me) love plenty of options to totally customize things, and some other people just like to quick fire it in and leave it.

Here's an example settings file: [attachment=48732]

Edit: here's an example of what it should look like, when viewed properly:
[attachment=48733]
I loved shaders in PCSX1. The Bump map shader was cool, as was the Natural shader.

I wish there was a large thread of before & after pictures though. I found a few here, but not many.
Hey Asmo, can you add the AA shader v2.o - Daisy shader by KrossX in with PCSX2FX as an option? It was my favorite before PCSX2FX and I still like to use it in most games too.

It's kind of similar to the fxaa you have but has extra soft smoothing effects that help out 2D sprites along with 3D models. Your current fxaa can kinda do this but once you go past the threshold, things get pixelated while in this one, you have extra softening range. Better yet, an expansion of the fullscreen softening/add the fxaa option with the blur under the default fxaa option.
Ok I use the stable pcsx2 1.2.1 version but now I no longer see any changes when I disable or enable FXAA. Is FXAA working? or is it disable?

EDIT: Oh it is working now. I just didn't notice it until I look very close. It seems FXAA 2.0-Revised Effect is very similar to the stock when you disable it.
Aaaaw c'mon Asmodean,where are you?
i just finished working on this shader and tested it on many games and the result literally Shocked me !
I recommended you guys to test this shader
Here's what you have to do in order to get the BEST Quality ever :
[Image: vSeVIDf.jpg]
@Unlimax: Eh, you don't even have the shader turned on in your settings. When you do, it crashes...
With this said, it indicates that you copied and pasted something and tried to call it your own and you didn't even have it turned on and thought that an internal shader was a shader that you 'made'. A desktop resolution isn't even selected.