..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Custom Shaders for GSdx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's definitely different than the previous version, man. I've rewrote large segments of the code. Saying that - I manage the default settings to try be consistent across revisions, to compensate for logic changes. So when people update it, they're not going "wtf, this looks way different than before", lol.

When you play around with the settings, you'll see. Speaking of the settings: seeing as this is just a 'preview' version for testing, and what not. Some of the defaults will need to be adjusted. Such as "FilmOperator" in the tone map settings, should be set to 0, at default. It's a nice effect, but it only really suits games with a realistic render style. It will be stupid looking in colorful/anime/toon games, for instance.

The default setup for the shader, should look consistent across revisions, if I'm doing it right. But the settings file is 170 lines long, for a reason xD. If people like to customize, and tweak, until their heart is content, they can ^.^

Thanks for the feedback. HF =D
yah i never really messed with defualt settings for the effect, i just used your setting and enabled shaders effect i wanted. if i actual played with the settings for the effect it different story.

If i could use your shader and FXAA in Swtor (starwars mmo) i would use it
Is swtor still directx9?. If it's d3d9, and you're familiar with GeDoSaTo(Generic Downsampling Tool). I've done the effects for that also. I only use it for certain things, I don't downsample. My effects typically looks a lot nicer on pc games. They don't translate too well on ps2 rendering imo. You could also use ReShade, but I've not gotten around to writing effects for that yet. I'm waiting for it to mature a bit, for some extra functionality.

I usually update my pc shaders first, and then incorperate what I can from those updates into my emu shaders =)

edit:typozxx
it always has been DX9 and it rather horrid engine to boot

Heard of GeDoSaTo never really looked into thought, much like sweetfx
Does GSdx FX overrides FXAA when both are activated or does GSdx FX enhance the picture atop of FXAA?

And if I place a "shader.fx" file into the root PCSX2 folder (next to "pcsx2.exe"), which *.fx file gets loaded, "GSdx.fx" or "shader.fx"?

Are the shortscuts still ok or has something changed?

Code:
PAGEUP - FXAA antialiasing (HW and SW)
  HOME - FX shader
    F5 - Deinterlace modes
    F7 - Internal "TV-like" shaders
    F8 - Screenshot
DELETE - Software Antialiasing (AA1)
INSERT - Software mipmapping

I read in some text file from "Emu-France.com", that in-game "HOME" activates "GSdx.fx" and or "PgUp" the "shader.fx". Is that right?
No one has any clue? The PCSX2 wiki sucks about that topic, it doesn't have any clear statements about "GSdx.fx" in combination with "shader.fx" or anything about the hotkeys. Especially the "GSdx.fx" and "shader.fx" is important, I found the hotkeys in the wiki, but who knows if this information is up to date.

So this was mostly useless for me: http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/External_shaders
Because it doesn't answer my "GSdx.fx" and "shader.fx" question in any way.
Also almost useless was: http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/GSdx
Here you can find the hotkeys, but still no information about "GSdx.fx" and "shader.fx".

BTW, GeDoSaTo is more than the ENBseries rip off "SweetFX". I use GeDoSaTo to get the full potential out of Dark Souls II, I'm not using downsampling, because it sucks to my native 2560x1440 px. But you can unlock the texture override with it (modding for DS2), get a borderless windowed fullscreen and disable mouse overlay. Especially the texture override rules. But you're right, it also used some *.fx files to get various graphics effects, but I don't use them in any way. You can see, that most of them just darken the picture or bloom it etc.
Then the information on the wiki page isn't accurate. As I understand, currently GSdx.fx only has an FXAA shader and shader.fx has an FXAA shader and other shaders. Is that correct?
No. From what I understand asmodean simply renamed his default GSdx.fx to shader.fx so it won't overwrite your old file when extracting over a new version. FXAA is what it always was, a built in feature of GSdx regardless of external shaders
unless i am doing something wrong or it just FFX but does FXAA from the GSDX shader not work in opengl? the actual FXAA function (pgup) works though but the one in gsdx (home) does not work.

After more tests i am convienced GSDX shader has no effect on opengl mode??? is this true if so is is it planed to make it work with opengl?