..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Custom Shaders for GSdx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Asmodean

Welcome back ^^

You will notice that I added some matrix macro to avoid issue with column/row craziness. However I don't understand why FXAA isn't happy.

Anyway, I opened an issue on github to monitor it.
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/556
@tsunami2311 Ok, thanks for the heads up.

@zaozabot No worries. Glad you enjoy it.

@gregory Aye, I noticed those when I had a quick peek at the link in tsunami's post. I'll be sure to incorporate them, when I get to updates in a few days. #edit: I had a quick read of your GSdx thread, also. You've been working hard. You're like a one-man army. Great work, man = )

Thanks folks.
Hey guys! I know it might be impossible but i wonder, if there is a way to add motion blur effect through shader or some kind of script? I'm not shure how shaders work, but my logic is simple - compare 2 rendered frames with difference blending mode, substract pixels wich are uncommon, and add them into the picture with slight blur. In photoshop it looks like this: [Image: 2lcsg0y.gif]
Also is there a way to get this kind of pseudo-anaglyph effect? [Image: ojnsio.jpg]
It's possible for sure.
For motion blur. you'd need a texture object with previous frame access. Also a time parameter for velocity. Without the appropriate info passed, it would just be a blurry mess. For anaglyph you'd probably need a texture array setup internally.

Currently neither is supported by gsdx (so far as I'm aware). It's actually not quite so easy to do those effects for emulators. Anaglyph would be the easier of the two.
@Asmodean,

Edit: forget my question
Just an update on my intent on doing some work on post-processing / pos gsdx. My current pc display finally died(Crossover 2720mdp) and apparently they don't sell replacement PCBs for it anymore. So, I've to buy a replacement display >.> Probably getting the LG 27MB85R-B.

Probably won't have an update for another 1-2 weeks. Until I get the replacement, etc.

Just said I'd let ye know.
(06-23-2015, 01:25 AM)Asmodean Wrote: [ -> ]Just an update on my intent on doing some work on post-processing / pos gsdx. My current pc display finally died(Crossover 2720mdp) and apparently they don't sell replacement PCBs for it anymore. So, I've to buy a replacement display >.> Probably getting the LG 27MB85R-B.

Probably won't have an update for another 1-2 weeks. Until I get the replacement, etc.

Just said I'd let ye know.

It all good, atlest you here and know about the issue
Is there any shader available that can be more or less substitute of "Texture Filtering" in GSdx? I know it is pp, but still.
Tried Asmodean's suit, but it is way too blurry and fiddling with values does not improve situation too much.

UPD: seems like Bicubic/gaussian filters and Lancsoz scalar perform way worse under OGL.
Not really. Texture filtering and full screen filtering are different. You can use pcsx2's default tf and you can just bump up the resolution. If you turn tf off, you are going to see all the little squares that make up the colors in the textures. I don't think you want that. There hasn't been a post shader that wraps around textures yet. Only fullscreen.

Asmo's fxaa has where you can increase or decrease the blur there. That might be the closest to what you want. But I don't think that'll smooth out the textures like the original tf does.