..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Custom Shaders for GSdx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did more test with FXAA opengl today that confused me

Code:
#define UHQ_FXAA                     1
#define BLENDED_BLOOM                1    
#define SCENE_TONEMAPPING            1      
#define GAMMA_CORRECTION             1      
#define TEXTURE_SHARPEN              1      
#define PIXEL_VIBRANCE               1    
#define S_CURVE_CONTRAST             1      

#define DITHERING                    1      
#define PX_BORDER                    1

First i start FF10 up with just shader effect above, opengl and fxaa instantly broke/disabled the shader effects.i disabled fxaa via ini will pcsx2 still running and just restart the emu and all was good,

I then Enabled FXAA (pgup) and it broke shaders again. I switched to DX11 and FXAA and shader effect worked i switch back to opengl and FXAA (pgup) and shader effect worked.

but the shader fxaa (home) just breaks it in general in opengl and seem carry over to the (pgup) fxaa if you dont close and restart pcsx2 or switch from opengl to dx and back to opengl?
also when you update the FXAA in the shader files do you update the built in GSDX FXAA (pgup) to match?
how goes things Asmodean? get you monitor replacement?
Yeah, sorry. UPS got delayed twice due to weather conditions. Took about 3 weeks to get here >.>

That's working for OGL fine now, but I've not gotten a chance to update it to current version yet. I'll do it tomorrow night, or as soon as I've the time for testing, I think.
sweet, back to my other question thought, when you update the FXAA in the shader, do you also update the FXAA that used in the GSDX settings? cause the one in the shader file seem better to me that or i just seeing things
I might be looking at the shader wrong, but shouldn't FXAA be done before scaling? I thought that was meant to look better, as it's easier for the algorithm to find jaggies before downscaling.

(07-27-2015, 08:53 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: [ -> ]sweet, back to my other question thought, when you update the FXAA in the shader, do you also update the FXAA that used in the GSDX settings? cause the one in the shader file seem better to me that or i just seeing things
The one in the shader file seems to be a really high quality FXAA preset.
(07-28-2015, 11:20 PM)Uhyve Wrote: [ -> ]I might be looking at the shader wrong, but shouldn't FXAA be done before scaling? I thought that was meant to look better, as it's easier for the algorithm to find jaggies before downscaling.

Applying FXAA after downscaling makes more sense to me:

1- Downscaling is a form of AA, so some of the regions will have aliasing before downscaling, but not after it. So applying FXAA before downsampling will waste time by applying it to regions that wouldn't have needed it after downsampling.

2- Smaller region = more efficiency.

Downscaling is the main AA method in emulators, FXAA is just extra to fix what the downscaling was not enough for. So applying it before downscaling seems backwards for me, especially since AA from downscaling has much higher quality than FXAA which should be applied minimally.
(07-28-2015, 11:49 PM)K.F Wrote: [ -> ]So applying it before downscaling seems backwards for me, especially since AA from downscaling has much higher quality than FXAA which should be applied minimally.
Applying minimally is kind of the point though, when it's easier for FXAA to detect jaggies, you can turn the threshold for smoothing down. Though you are correct, it's less efficient.

Edit: Nevermind, just noticed the "Use post antialiasing OR FS filtering, not both." Guess I'll disable FXAA and dial up the native res some more, heh.
(07-27-2015, 03:59 AM)Asmodean Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, sorry. UPS got delayed twice due to weather conditions. Took about 3 weeks to get here >.>

That's working for OGL fine now, but I've not gotten a chance to update it to current version yet. I'll do it tomorrow night, or as soon as I've the time for testing, I think.

Any (PR?) status for OGL. I need to provide a commit soon to Ubuntu so they can integrate PCSX2 in their latest release. I will be happy to have your great work bundled in this version Tongue2
(08-01-2015, 10:55 AM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]Any (PR?) status for OGL. I need to provide a commit soon to Ubuntu so they can integrate PCSX2 in their latest release. I will be happy to have your great work bundled in this version Tongue2

wait Ubuntu is intergrating pcsx2 into there OS? or i reading that wrong? Laugh