..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Custom Shaders for GSdx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-16-2012, 07:42 PM)KrossX Wrote: [ -> ]@AcidRains: Just try it already and see if it works.

nope, current version doesn't working, plus it makes pcsx2 hang whenever you pause game, click the close button at upper right, hangs whenever you change plugin, hangs all the time, remove all the file and pcsx2 is back to normal.
But in fact it was working back to 0.96 version, with only DX9 and full screen.
i've no idea since when it didn't working anymore, sorry cause i didn't using pcsx2 for some time untill now

But it is okay if that is no go , maybe take quite a lot of work or effort to make it working, because come to think of it, DX9 is not that worthy to enhance since there are many graphic glitches with it , if compares to DX10/11
And i'm happy using your nice work of custom shader, just bloom seems too much for some game, not yet tested many game yet, i'll try to look into shader.fx and see if i can minor adjust something=)
I've read almost all the pages and, yet, i don't know how put the shaders to work.

Just downloaded the modified GDX, put one of the downloaded custom shaders on the .exe folder and rename it to shader.fx. The game boots ok but, no changes.

What's wrong?
Well done, just toggle it while "ingame" with the pgup key.
Thanks, it works!!! Oh my God... Xenosaga III with aniso x4 and Guest AA shader looks AWESOME!!!

My brother ask's what PS3 game is that...
Is the original FXAA or an updated version as shader.fx available somewhere?
In the PATCH+FXAA file from the first post? That's the one with GSdx which I think it's up to date.
Ah, okay Tongue2
@Squall Leonhart: I checked and it seems SMAA requires 4 passes, so... no SMAA.
(08-20-2012, 04:19 PM)KrossX Wrote: [ -> ]@Squall Leonhart: I checked and it seems SMAA requires 4 passes, so... no SMAA.

I thought that was only true for the T2X+ version

SMAA 2x should be similar to FXAA, since it can be injected using a wrapper
(08-20-2012, 07:02 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]I thought that was only true for the T2X+ version

SMAA 2x should be similar to FXAA, since it can be injected using a wrapper

It's a much more complex wrapper and you're right, only the temporal version requires 4 passes total. Normal version requires 3 passes.

Still, without making a multipass external shader thingy for GSdx, no dice.