..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Custom Shaders for GSdx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-22-2020, 10:58 PM)SeaMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to use these custom shaders in Linux?  I'm able to see a change after setting the location of GSdx.fx and GSdx_FX_Settings.ini and checking the 'External Shader (Home)' box in the GSdx Config screen, but so far, I haven't figured out how to apply the custom shader.fx files.  Copying it to the executable directory (/usr/games in Linux), as the instructions say to do, doesn't seem to have a visible difference, and selecting anything besides GSdx.fx within the config causes Home to have no effect at all.

(using the latest 1.5.0-0 provided by pcsx2-unstable)
same for windows
Color Ramp Shader

I've added a luma-only option to my previous color ramp shader and also a level correction as opposed to ramp. Should also work under OpenGL as previous shader only worked for D3D11. LUMA_ONLY 0 and DO_RAMP 1 should be the same behavior as the previous shader.

Levels as opposed to ramp or just gamma tends to blow up colors and cause black crush, might look good in some case though.
Luma only however, helps avoid the oversaturation of levels or ramp.

Order might be messy, but it's shader off, color ramp, luma level, luma ramp.
Screenshot Album
New version of my old Overlay Bloom shader. It should work on both D3D and OGL, also added some desaturation. It gives some nice bloomy contrast effect, but can saturate bright sections.

[Image: 9MK9tXf.png]
[Image: HDIBfWe.png]
(05-13-2020, 03:29 PM)KrossX Wrote: [ -> ]Color Ramp Shader

I've added a luma-only option to my previous color ramp shader and also a level correction as opposed to ramp. Should also work under OpenGL as previous shader only worked for D3D11. LUMA_ONLY 0 and DO_RAMP 1 should be the same behavior as the previous shader.

Levels as opposed to ramp or just gamma tends to blow up colors and cause black crush, might look good in some case though.
Luma only however, helps avoid the oversaturation of levels or ramp.

Order might be messy, but it's shader off, color ramp, luma level, luma ramp.
Screenshot Album

Heya! Thanks for your hardwork, this looks gorgeous. One thing do, is the .ini file really empty? Sorry I'm new to the forum and its got quite a lot of pages already. Appreciate if you could help me with what's needed to get this to work. Currently using your Overlay Bloom for Suikoden V and it looks amazing
quick question, is the triangular tv shader hard coded in or is it a glsl type shader that could be used standalone.... it is far and away the best pixel emulated shader I have ran across, would love to use it with other emulators
Hey all. This may be a tall order/request, but is anyone with the knowledge/skills up to porting CRT-Royale to PCSX2? It's implementation in RetroArch is fantastic and I reckon it'd look sweet on PCSX2.
(07-27-2020, 02:26 PM)r2rX Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all. This may be a tall order/request, but is anyone with the knowledge/skills up to porting CRT-Royale to PCSX2? It's implementation in RetroArch is fantastic and I reckon it'd look sweet on PCSX2.

ummm doesn't it already work through the external shader option in pcsx2?? I mean at least the glsl version

***EDIT***
never mind, just tried, it does not, seems the external shaders don't like glsl even though pcsx2 uses glsl shaders, you can see them int he source
(07-29-2020, 03:22 AM)medievil Wrote: [ -> ]ummm doesn't it already work through the external shader option in pcsx2?? I mean at least the glsl version

***EDIT***
never mind, just tried, it does not, seems the external shaders don't like glsl even though pcsx2 uses glsl shaders, you can see them int he source

Thanks for testing it. Smile It seems it would need to be ported, akin to CRT-Lottes shader.
(06-29-2020, 05:14 AM)Gumiel Wrote: [ -> ]Heya! Thanks for your hardwork, this looks gorgeous. One thing do, is the .ini file really empty? Sorry I'm new to the forum and its got quite a lot of pages already. Appreciate if you could help me with what's needed to get this to work. Currently using your Overlay Bloom for Suikoden V and it looks amazing

Glad you like it and yes, it's empty. I could've moved the options to the INI file, but I'm too lazy for that.
I feel horribly stupid for asking this, but where can you see the shader compile errors in PCSX2? They don't seem to output to the console or to the debug window. :/

Also, is there any more documentation than the brief introduction in the wiki?
In particular, how do I evaluate the shader in window-space instead of the render-target space, like the built-in scanline shaders?
And is there any way to sample the previous frame?