..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: help build PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
would core i5 2500K with integrated GPU is better than
Bulldozer FX 4100 with 700MHz DDR5 1GHz GPU?

a quick answer would be appreciated.
It would be aBout equivalent.
The integrated gpu will limit you, the FX Cpu will limit you too...
(02-17-2012, 06:41 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]It would be aBout equivalent.
The integrated gpu will limit you, the FX Cpu will limit you too...

thank you so much for the reply!
if i use FX 4100 3.6 quad core processor, which games that do not playable on Emulator?
is intel HD graphic 3000 (onboard GPU) strong enough?
any onboard GPU will be weak.
best thing would be to buy the 2500k CPU and a real GPU

Bulldozer architecture performs badly with pcsx2. I'd say most intensive games won't be playable @ decent fps (MGS series, Jak series, shadow of the colossus, etc...)
got it.
thank you again for your time.
i am on my way to build core i5 2500K with a considerable GPU.

PS: would you have any recommendation GPU for me?
How much money you are willing to spend on it?
(02-18-2012, 02:50 AM)FinalSquall Wrote: [ -> ]How much money you are willing to spend on it?

about 200-250 USD maximum. cheaper would be good because i could spend on something else. is there any GPU good enough that is no more than 150 USD?
Well when you say you are going to go and buy a i5 2500K and a GPU I presume you are planning on building a whole new pc, or are u planning on upgrading and already have the other required hardware, i.e. a socket 1155 mobo a decent PSU etc?
(02-18-2012, 03:03 AM)FinalSquall Wrote: [ -> ]Well when you say you are going to go and buy a i5 2500K and a GPU I presume you are planning on building a whole new pc, or are u planning on upgrading and already have the other required hardware, i.e. a socket 1155 mobo a decent PSU etc?

yes. i am planning to build a whole new PC (excluding HDD though cause i prefer external for my data).
after awhile, i guess it is time to buy both a new PC and notebook, but in the mean time i will focus on PC first(not enough money yet).
Ok for 200 to 250 dollars I would go for a GTX 460 (on the cheaper side) or push it a bit more for a GTX 560Ti. There are some nice ATI cards around for that price like a ATI Radeon 6850 or 6870, but I have always preffered Nvidia cards personally. So I would go for a 560 Ti, it is the card I have and it runs pcsx2 nicely, and can handle 4x scaling comfortably in alot of the games I play with pcsx2.
Pages: 1 2