..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFXII sudden slow down, used to be perfectly playable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi all, I am having this weird situation where my FFXII suddenly becomes slowed down.

I am emulating it on PCSX2 ver 0.9.6 and my PC specs are sufficient enough that it used to be perfectly playable (60FPS) 90%+ of time, with little slow down during some scenes.

However, one day the game suddenly became slowed down (~30 - 40FPS).
I suspect that it may have been some Windows updates for the Microsoft's Visual Studio that caused it, but even after I uninstalled said updates, the situation remains.

I have even tried the latest version at that time (0.9.8) but it still gets stuck to 50% - 75% of the normal speed.

However, I also noticed that the main PCSX2 window contained 2 warning lines that I don't see when I emulate other games that can run perfectly.

The warning lines are:
ElfProgram different load addrs: paddr=0x017aeff0, vaddr=0x01780000
ElfProgram different load addrs: paddr=0x07000000, vaddr=0x00000000

The lines can be seen in the attached file.

I have a feeling that these warnings are related to the problem I'm facing but I am not sure what they refer to.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE:

Had to use a software called ThrottleStop and use it to unthrottle the CPU while playing.
And it got the game to be working at least 80% of the speed both at the field and at cities so that's good enough I guess.
0.9.6 isn't supported anymore, change to a newer version 0.9.8 r4600 or even one of the later SVN Releases Smile
I see, well that's unfortunate I've been using 0.9.6 for so long and it's been great so far ^^

I have tried using 0.9.8 r4600 and still have the same problem though.
^
^
^
^
it might be your PC
show us your DXdiag on general info and video's info
Sorry for the late reply, I thought there hadn't been any new replies since I did not get any e-mail notification.

Here's my dxdiag screenie for the system tab and the display tab attached.

[attachment=31160][attachment=31159]

Well, as I've mentioned before, it was running perfectly ok so I guess my laptop's spec shouldn't be an issue.

Also, my laptop is one of those with dual graphic cards, the other graphic card is Nvidia Geforce GT335M (1024 MB) and is the one automatically used when emulating.

Thanks very much again!
i think you been conficted 2 video card between Intel HD and nvidia
try add pcsx2.exe to nvidia Optimus(Nvidia control panel) or right-click pcsx2.exe-->Select "Run with graphics processor"-->high performance Nvidia processor
Tried that and it didn't work - I'm still maxing out at 44~45 FPS.

I'm positive I've been using the nvidia graphic card by default all this time when emulating though.

I'm still wondering what the warning lines:

ElfProgram different load addrs: paddr=0x017aeff0, vaddr=0x01780000
ElfProgram different load addrs: paddr=0x07000000, vaddr=0x00000000

are about though. I only started seeing them after the problem occurs.

Thanks for the quick reply though!
You could try one of the latest svns and use the MTVU hack and see if that helps your problems.
You can ignore the elf warnings, they're not related to any problem you have.
@rama: Oh, ok then.

@Topken: Ok, I tried with v0.9.8 r4600 but it's still slowed down.
Will try one of the latest SVN build next.

EDIT: I have tried v0.9.9.5109 (svn).
It is better and I can even achieve my old speed with MTVU speedhack on. But, the FPS degrades quickly again as soon as I turn my view around (especially when there are lots of NPCs and/or objects) and also when I'm out on the field area. So maybe the issue lies in the rendering engine?

Also another point I noticed is that on v0.9.6 I used the DirectX10 (Hardware) renderer for graphics plugin but on v0.9.8 and 0.9.9 using DirectX10 makes it slower and causes missing graphic (the cursor hand). I have to use DirectX9 (Hardware) instead.

Another weird point is that even if the FPS degrades a lot in battle, the summoning sequences are able to run perfectly, the FPS degrades again afterwards though.
Pages: 1 2 3