..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 Crashed at startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi i installed pcsx2 on ubuntu 11.10 64 bits and it was perfect. I just use it to play FFX, but yesterday a friend ask me to test a Yugi Oh game, the ISO was corrupt and the program crashed at startup, but the most annoying was when i tried to open my FFX, pcsx2 crash too with the same error.

Gregory helped me to installing it at:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Pcsx2-on-...gin-failed

Now here is the error when I call pcsx2:

sh /home/rcarmona/.pcsx2-read-only/bin/launch_pcsx2_linux.sh

PHP Code:
Interface is initializing.  Entering Pcsx2App::OnInit!
Applying operating system default language...
SetLanguage'English (U.S.)' [] is not supported by the operating system
Command line parsing
Command line parsed!
(
UserModeFound portable install ini @ /home/rcarmona/.pcsx2-read-only/bin/portable.ini

(pcsx2:15788): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid uninstantiatable type `(null)' in cast to `GtkRadioMenuItem'

(pcsx2:15788): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_radio_menu_item_get_group: assertion `GTK_IS_RADIO_MENU_ITEM (radio_menu_item)' 
failed
The program 
'pcsx2' received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)'.
  (
Detailsserial 33 error_code 1 request_code 136 minor_code 19)
  (
Note to programmersnormallyX errors are reported asynchronously;

that isyou will receive the error a while after causing it.

To debug your programrun it with the --sync command line
   option to change this behavior
You can then get a meaningful
   backtrace from your debugger 
if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.) 

Help me please!!!!!

PS: Excuse for my defficient english i am a non-speaker.

Did you do any upgrade? It probably an issue with your GPU drivers.
No, I Didnt. What do you recommend me Gregory?

(03-02-2012, 11:43 AM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]Did you do any upgrade? It probably an issue with your GPU drivers.

* recompile pcsx2 in another directory with a clean setup. Note, you can have another GS plugin if you use this cmake flag "-DFORCE_INTERNAL_SDL=TRUE". I really need to finish my opengl port of gsdx...
* try to run anothers 32bit graphics program to ensure opengl is still working correctly on your system (chroot?). At least, you can try glgears, glxinfo
In my normal system (64 bits) glxgears and glxinfo make this

Code:
root@navi:/home/rcarmona/Descargas# glxgears
X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  136 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  19 (X_GLXQueryServerString)
  Serial number of failed request:  12
  Current serial number in output stream:  12
root@navi:/home/rcarmona/Descargas# glxinfo
name of display: :0
X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  136 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  19 (X_GLXQueryServerString)
  Serial number of failed request:  12
  Current serial number in output stream:  12
root@navi:/home/rcarmona/Descargas#

Inside the chroot glxinfo and glxgears are not installed.

I will try to recompile pcsx2 in another directory later, i must go to my work. I will post the results here. Thanks for your answers

(03-02-2012, 11:54 AM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]* recompile pcsx2 in another directory with a clean setup. Note, you can have another GS plugin if you use this cmake flag "-DFORCE_INTERNAL_SDL=TRUE". I really need to finish my opengl port of gsdx...
* try to run anothers 32bit graphics program to ensure opengl is still working correctly on your system (chroot?). At least, you can try glgears, glxinfo

Don't bother to recompile yet pcsx2. Glxinfo and glxgears don't work mean that your graphical stack is completely broken. Reinstall your driver properly first.
Thanks again Gregory i solved the problem doing this

sudo apt-get remove --purge xserver-xorg-video-intel && sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-intel

(03-02-2012, 01:53 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]Don't bother to recompile yet pcsx2. Glxinfo and glxgears don't work mean that your graphical stack is completely broken. Reinstall your driver properly first.