..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Need help with PCSX2 and GT4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(03-09-2012, 03:58 AM)ChikTikka Wrote: [ -> ]the PS2 processor might have only been 300 MHz, but it also had 8 cores, since everything was run off this one CPU die. each core was custom made for it's purpose and takes a lot of resources to emulate on standard PC hardware. you can read more here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotion_Engine#Description

I never knew that, thanks for the link! My friends and I were really surprised, we had never known! GT4 seems to be better now, runs at about 40fps, some times ducking below 25fps. Its playable, so thanks!
I just tried to play stuntman (completely unplayable, 5fps, weird colours, distorted sound) and gave Fifa 2011 a try (Menu systems all fine, but when playing i get distorted graphics, like two of everything mainly in green and red colours)

Do all games do this? Has anyone managed to play a PS2 game without problems?

I might as well just go back to using my ps2 Sad
Most games work fine, those two are known probables, with fifa use software mode, it will work fine then.
hers`s a list of playable games
http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php?title=Ca...able_games
Quote:Do all games do this?
no. many work very well, provided your rig is powerful enough
Quote:Has anyone managed to play a PS2 game without problems?
many games can be completed under pcsx2 with few to no glitches. But not ALL games...
(03-09-2012, 12:46 AM)Coornio Wrote: [ -> ]As far as i know, PCSX2 is pretty much "unable" to run Gran Turismo games. Apart from the obvious graphical glitches, the game is also tormented by crashes. But that was maaaaany revisions ago, i don't know about now. You might want to play something else in its place.
Its working PERFECTLY now, no problems at all

(03-13-2012, 04:53 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]no. many work very well, provided your rig is powerful enough
many games can be completed under pcsx2 with few to no glitches. But not ALL games...

I must need to setup PCSX2 better than because i have a 3.4GHz X4, 16GB DDR3 1600 and a 1GB GDDR5 g/card, so im guessing its not my systems fault. Any tips on how to squeeze peformance out of PCSX2?
you can use some speedhacks, enable MTVU hack, or set rendering threads to 4 if you are using software rendering (i.e. FIFA 2011)
but 3.4 Ghz may not be enough for some games that are VERY demanding. Especially in software mode, or if you have an AMD CPU
(03-15-2012, 01:54 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]you can use some speedhacks, enable MTVU hack, or set rendering threads to 4 if you are using software rendering (i.e. FIFA 2011)
but 3.4 Ghz may not be enough for some games that are VERY demanding. Especially in software mode, or if you have an AMD CPU

Yesterday, I spent about 6 hours playing with different settings and found that:

In DX9 Software, the graphics are ok, no weird colours etc, but its very pixellated, very laggy, 25-30fps
In DX9 Hardward, Graphics are a weird stripy red/green effect, no lag, 50-60fps
In DX11 Software, the graphics are ok, no weird colours etc, not too pixellated, very laggy, 25-30fps
In DX11 Hardward, Graphics are a weird stripy red/green effect, no lag, 50-60fps

I couldnt find anything about a MTVU speed hack in the settings, also i found that my PCSX2 plugins page, when i sometimes click the settings for GSdx4600, it gives me an error. "cant find the plugin, it might not be installed." then PCSX2 says that a plugin isnt installed properly and PCSX2 might not work properly, so i have to close it and re-open it. not sure if this is a problem
You can enable the MTVU hack in this SVN version of PCSX2, but i don't think it'll help too much as you only have a dual core CPU+^_^+
(03-20-2012, 06:31 AM)ChikTikka Wrote: [ -> ]You can enable the MTVU hack in this SVN version of PCSX2, but i don't think it'll help too much as you only have a dual core CPU+^_^+

Thanks, ill check it out. I actually have a quadcore. AMD Phenom II X4 965BE 3.4GHz overclocked to 4.2GHZ
Pages: 1 2